DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

compass redundancy error wth!!

rockwind1

Reactions
i can't get rid of this,,, iv'e walked far away from everything, still says compass 1 is reading a strong magnetic something. but it's right by my house, i have flown here many times with no problem. i just uploaded last update, decide to calibrate imu and compass, imu didn't want to go past step 2, got stuck there so i shut down app and restarted and it seemed fine but then the compass need calibrating, everytime i calibrate, the compass redundancy error pops up, and even when i calibrate it, it says complete, then wants me to do it again. are we allowed to curse on here? if so,, I am close to doing so. this drone is so frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
How old? How many flights? Ever get this message before? Any crashes? Still under warranty?

i bought it i think less than 2 years ago,,,flew it a few times with no probs. lost interest, had a task i thought it could help with so got it back out. i had been recharging the batteries every 6 months or so,,, last real flight was last year, august. never got this message before. never any crashes or anything even remotely like a crash. like i said, i had just got everything back out,,, made sure all battery levels were good, connected everything, of course it said it needed an update so that all went well,,, i read something online that said it was good to do a imu and compass calibration after an update, it was fine before i tried that.

the imu calibration locked up as stated. but after re starting everything it seemed fine so i started the compass calibration,,, which obviously has not been going well.

That typically means you're not looking at what the app tells you to do aka move the aircraft to different positions shown by pictures...
well,,, it sure seems like i am,,, i do look at the pics and a couple times the app has flashed the calibration complete message but then it goes right back to the calibration pop up and the redundancy errer message keeps flashing.

I'm talking of the IMU cal, not the compass cal. Get the IMU cal right first.

And OP, while youre at it, look at your compass signal strength in the same window. If I get a funky compass, I will keep this screen open and see if compass #1 ever drifts into the orange or red zone.

compass calib screen.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UAVNV
i finally got a imu calibration done. kept trying to do a compass cal but it kept saying get away from magnetic source,,,which there is none. then it finally said there was a firmware problem and i did some sort of update and when it was done, everything was fine.

have some other questions but will start another thread

i think mine is fixed,,, once it offered to do a firmware update,,(after i already did the updates) it works now.

That’s good news . Maybe I should do a firmware update on mine and see if it works also

Some things I have read here that cause issues with calibrations;
1. Magnetic smart cover on the ipad used for the go 4 app and calibration being too close to the aircraft.
2. An apple watch on your wrist while you are trying to do the calibrations.
3. Magnet therapy bracelets
4. Not paying close enough attention to the position the mavic needs to be held in for each step of the calibrations.

That’s good news . Maybe I should do a firmware update on mine and see if it works also

on mine, after messing around with it,, it finally sort of offered to do a firmware update with a weird error messgae that said something like "firmware incompatable"

i know i had none of the magnets mentioned above

i think something happened when i tried to calibrate my imu the first time

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb