DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatibility rc pro?

Darkabaz

Reactions
Is the mini 3 already compatible with the RC pro controller? If not, any possibility that this update comes in a short time?
And vice versa?

Is the mini 3 already compatible with the RC pro controller? If not, any possibility that this update comes in a short time?
And vice versa?
How about we let the people in the USA get their drone before we worry about compatibility... DJI will get around to it eventually.

And vice versa?

so far no word from DJI. most, including myself, believe it is a matter of time as the RC Pro is the current premium screen controller and the RC controller for the Mini 3 is an offshoot of it, so it should be straight forward to port it. Typically DJI has done these updates 3-6 months after the launch of a drone (unacceptable in my opinion, it should be on launch day for a premium $1200+ controller like the RC Pro).

Reactions: Darkabaz
I think DJI does this to optimize sales. Because the RC Pro Controller is not compatible, there will be some that will buy the RC controller for the Mini 3.... then when sales are maximized and starting to dip.. bam... they push the firmware that makes it all compatible leaving us with an extra controller we don't need and must sell. LOL .. it's a vicious cycle. It's a free market and it's their choice to employ those tactics. It's our choice to wait for compatibility firmware push or buy the controller early.

This was a good question MavicAirTennessee, I was searching for this. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke