DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatible Android Tablets with the Mavic Air 2

Another vote for the Asus Zenpad z8s. Just scored one LNIB for $100 and it works great.

I disabled all of the unnecessary Google and Verizon crap so that there's not a bunch of apps running in the background.

Reactions: usrmesarge
I got a Lenovo T8 tablet from Amazon (refurbished $40). Android 7. Had to order a small adapter bracket ($8) to hold the tablet. The DJI usb c to micro usb was too short (usb port is on top edge of table) so I ordered one from Amazon (Amazon basics woven cord, about 16”, even color matches)
As far as operational everything seems to work except the orientation (bottom center) always shows red.
Also use my iPhone 6s Plus but like the larger screen of the Lenovo.

I got a Lenovo T8 tablet from Amazon (refurbished $40). Android 7. Had to order a small adapter bracket ($8) to hold the tablet. The DJI usb c to micro usb was too short (usb port is on top edge of table) so I ordered one from Amazon (Amazon basics woven cord, about 16”, even color matches)
As far as operational everything seems to work except the orientation (bottom center) always shows red.
Also use my iPhone 6s Plus but like the larger screen of the Lenovo.
There is no compass sensor in this model...that is why the orientation not works...

Does anyone have a CURRENT 7-8 inch tablet that is working flawlessly? I tried the Galaxy tab A and it didn't meet my demands so I buckled and bought an ipad mini 5. It works flawlessly, but I absolutely hate the self-centered, egotistical apple os. I'd like to sell this mini 5 and get an equivalent android tablet if there is such a thing, but I don't want a 3 year old antique. What is out there?

Reactions: lee8sec
Huawei MediaPad M5 10 "...works perfect with this holder:View attachment 110450
Hi.....Where did you order a longer cable from your tablet. I'm using a Samsung TabA that works perfectly with the short DJI supplied cable but I have ordered and tried 5 longer cables and none work. I have to keep switching to the short DJI cable but need to shift the tablet way over to the let on the tablet holder for it to be able to plug in. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult to buy a usb-c to usb-micro_b cable in about 11-12 inches.......

Hi.....Where did you order a longer cable from your tablet. I'm using a Samsung TabA that works perfectly with the short DJI supplied cable but I have ordered and tried 5 longer cables and none work. I have to keep switching to the short DJI cable but need to shift the tablet way over to the let on the tablet holder for it to be able to plug in. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult to buy a usb-c to usb-micro_b cable in about 11-12 inches.......
Hi Rocketman, try to reverse the bought cable.The cable which I have work in one direction only, if I install in wrong direction, the same cable not works

There is GPS, I am talking about the compass, it will work but will not show you the drone orientation on the app screen....

Reactions: Szepy_lc8

I don't know if it is applicable here or not, but in the past, I was trying to use a stand alone camera attached to my phone. Like you, I tried many different cables, and none worked. It turns out that what was needed was an OTG (on the go) cable! Most cables only transmit data, whereas the OTG cables transmit both data AND power! Seems the camera I was using required power from the phone to operate, and when it was operating, transmitted the photo data! Must my $.02....

I don't know if it is applicable here or not, but in the past, I was trying to use a stand alone camera attached to my phone. Like you, I tried many different cables, and none worked. It turns out that what was needed was an OTG (on the go) cable! Most cables only transmit data, whereas the OTG cables transmit both data AND power! Seems the camera I was using required power from the phone to operate, and when it was operating, transmitted the photo data! Must my $.02....
Yes I have heard OTG phrase used before. It is probably my problem. I just ordered one to try. A Pearstone. Only thing is that it is a 3-footer! If it works, I guess I will have to wrap it around a few times..Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it.

Hi Rocketman, try to reverse the bought cable.The cable which I have work in one direction only, if I install in wrong direction, the same cable not works
Hi Peshoa.....Thanks for your reply but there is only one way to plug it in....
USB-C into Mavic Air 2 controller, other end is USB-MicroB into my Samsung Tab-A. No other way to plug things in but thank you.

Hi Peshoa.....Thanks for your reply but there is only one way to plug it in....

USB-C into Mavic Air 2 controller, other end is USB-MicroB into my Samsung Tab-A. No other way to plug things in but thank you.

Which by definition is NOT a OTG, what you want is a standard Charge/Sync/Data cable. IF you buy a cheap cable it might just be a charge only, but most newer cables specify...so make sure your cable is also a sync cable...which can be easily known by using cable to a computer and device. IF computer recognizes device it is indeed a Sync cable. Amazon has cables a plenty for this purpose...for example: https://www.amazon.com/STARTRC-Dura...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

OTG cable:
An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port.

Last edited:
Which by definition is NOT a OTG, what you want is a standard Charge/Sync/Data cable. IF you buy a cheap cable it might just be a charge only, but most newer cables specify...so make sure your cable is also a sync cable...which can be easily known by using cable to a computer and device. IF computer recognizes device it is indeed a Sync cable. Amazon has cables a plenty for this purpose...for example: https://www.amazon.com/STARTRC-Dura...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

OTG cable:
An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port.
P.S. I looked at the link you attached to Amazon. That is the exact pair of cables that I ordered. Of course I was only interested in the longer 30cm white cable. It did not work at all. Totally unrecognized by the controller to my Samsung Tab A. Perhaps defective cable? I don't know but it did not work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito