DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatible Android Tablets with the Mavic Air 2

I did this and have a Samsung Tab A and it still wouldn't install. Any advice and how to get it installed?
I downloaded mine here with my Tab A. I have new Tablet now so this doesn't apply but it may help you.

Hello everyone, i bought a samsung tab A7 10.4 installed the app just fine, i can control the drone but no image :( anyone with same problem?

I’m using the Asus zenpad z8s. 2017 tablets with 3gb of ram and about 100 bucks used / refurbished on eBay.

Using the same.. brightness is very good. The compass works fine. I tried a few tablets, and for the price is good.
I do not use any braket, it does not fit, but I use it with no accessory, it is secured enough on the braket. I will post pictures how I use it. I would only use the mount if I am hiking or something like that.

Reactions: Tufargon
I can confirm the Mavic Air 2 works perfectly with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I upgraded to the Fly App 1.2.4. I did not experience any issues with the display or controls.
Which TAB, many of TAB models do not have compass chip, then it is useless....

Which TAB, many of TAB models do not have compass chip, then it is useless....
A tablet without compass is hardly "useless". I've used one many times. Yes, you lose the ability to display proper orientation of the controller, but that's all.

A tablet without compass is hardly "useless". I've used one many times. Yes, you lose the ability to display proper orientation of the controller, but that's all.
Nevertheless, it's the OP asking for a compatible tablet and I'm sure he would want all functionality. A compass can come in extremely handy. I'm sure it helped a lot now that he knows some don't have a built in compass.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Nevertheless, it's the OP asking for a compatible tablet and I'm sure he would want all functionality. A compass can come in extremely handy. I'm sure it helped a lot now that he knows some don't have a built in compass.
Never said otherwise. In fact I've lobbied (without success) the maintainer of the phone/tablet database to include compass information. But I was responding to specifically the flawed claim that a tablet lacking a magnetic compass was somehow useless with Fly.

Reactions: Tufargon
Never said otherwise. In fact I've lobbied (without success) the maintainer of the phone/tablet database to include compass information. But I was responding to specifically the flawed claim that a tablet lacking a magnetic compass was somehow useless with Fly.
I understand that. I wish they would have taken your request actually. I had to return two tablets before I found one that had all functions at a great cost (Asus Zenpad Z8s).

I understand that. I wish they would have taken your request actually. I had to return two tablets before I found one that had all functions at a great cost (Asus Zenpad Z8s).
The Zenpad Z8 runs Android 6.0? It seems to me that this is inviting incompatibilities with future FLY apps that will require a more, um, current version of Android. 1.2.4 already requires 6.0 as the minimum version of Android.

Reactions: Jam0ne and Tufargon
The Zenpad Z8 runs Android 6.0? It seems to me that this is inviting incompatibilities with future FLY apps that will require a more, um, current version of Android. 1.2.4 already requires 6.0 as the minimum version of Android.
It runs 7.0 but yeah who knows what the future will bring but it works perfectly fine now.

Does anyone have a CURRENT 7-8 inch tablet that is working flawlessly? I tried the Galaxy tab A and it didn't meet my demands so I buckled and bought an ipad mini 5. It works flawlessly, but I absolutely hate the self-centered, egotistical apple os. I'd like to sell this mini 5 and get an equivalent android tablet if there is such a thing, but I don't want a 3 year old antique. What is out there?
I sold my mini 5 for a Tripltek Pro

Reactions: MA2 317
Huawai MediaPad M5, 8 or 10 inch....(NOT LITE version)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman