DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Completely new pilot here, any tips would be helpful!

Really? I was planning on using it for real estate tours. Not a good idea? And why? What if I had guards on the blades?

You actually can fly indoors but there are higher risks involved as the drone has the potential to be less stable (GPS can be unreliable). You need to make sure the room is well lit so that the visual positioning system is active. There are other settings to change, like turning off obstacle avoidance and changing RC signal loss to hover instead of RTH. Also, make sure to use tripod mode. WATCH MULTIPLE YOUTUBE VIDEOS and TAKE NOTES.

Alternatively, many people have been using their Mavic indoors with a Katana. It holds the Mavic and has handles so that you can still utilize it's gimbal without posing risk to your Mavic or the house. The battery also lasts much longer.

Best of luck!

Hey guys, I just purchased a Mavic Pro Combo, haven't even received it yet, but I'd like to get in the loop before I fly it. So a few main questions I've gathered:

First of all, are there any common beginner mistakes that I can avoid. I'd hate to crash this this. Anything I should know before I get this in the air?

Also I have heard some rumours that you require some sort of certification to fly a drone or it would be considered illegal? Does that apply to this drone or only massive, heavy drones? if it does apply where do I go to get certified?

Can you fly this is windy conditions or does it have to be completely calm out?

Can this drone be used for professional purpose indoor and/or outdoor?

Any tips are so appreciated, thanks in advance guys

EDIT: I am from Canada (Ontario, possibly moving to BC)
EDIT 2: I am using for professional and personal purposes
Read your manual cover to cover!! TWICE!!

Evaluates all the hazard and precaution before take off. Mastering ur flying skill by not using any automatic or AI function. Don't panic when u are having unexpected. Drone maintenance is also important

did you guys ask for refund from the FAA for your registration or to delete it?

It'll probably be more trouble than it's worth, but you can do that here if interested.

No, because it is just a matter of time before they bring it back, and I'd have to do it all over again.

I have now registered two Mavic Pros... got my license last February.. For some reason I think it looks better when you’re dealing with local cops, security people, and potential complainers to have as much official looking crap you can have.

Best to hide in plain sight.
I even wear a reflective vest and a hard hat!
You’d be amazed at the friendly waves I get.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
I have now registered two Mavic Pros... got my license last February.. For some reason I think it looks better when you’re dealing with local cops, security people, and potential complainers to have as much official looking crap you can have.

Best to hide in plain sight.
I even wear a reflective vest and a hard hat!
You’d be amazed at the friendly waves I get.
I'm beginning to think you are right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming