DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirmed Landing mode

BGloss18

Reactions
Hello again. I'm still playing around with the mini and I came across something which I found unusual when out flying yesterday.

So I was out flying in a field, it was sloping downwards away from me, with a couple of trees around (although had VLOS at the time of incident). I figured I could get a cool shot of the tree across the field so i flew across and started decending. I know that the mini calculates its altitude based off of the home point so I was expecting to see a negative height. What surprised me was when I got to 5.3m altitude, the mode switched to confirmed landing and started a decent. As confused as I was, I started playing around further and noticed that about 10/15m above the ground (my judgement) the mini would stop decending like it normally would if the ground was much closer (I believe 1.2m?).

Looking back at the log, I did manage to go as low as -3.0m (that works out at about 2m agl) but it looks like I gave up and switched to sport mode and flew away, never getting that close up shot of the tree.

Does anyone with any knowledge know what happened here? It seems to me like the mini thought it was lower than it was, and therefore my commanded decent was interpreted as 'this guy wants to land here'.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta