DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confrontation with COPS over drone | Almost ARRESTED!

The first guy is being an a-hole. You act like that towards the cops, you're going to get it back. It's about a land use, not airspace. The guy is being a turd about it. The cops have EVERY right to tell you where you can fly.

The guy is a jerk and he deserves everything he has "threatened with".

This guy gives us all a bad name. Ken isn't right when he says the Nashville rules aren't written correctly.

I don't know who Ken is flying with, but he needs to pick his flying partners better.

The more I listen, the madder I get at Keith. Idiot!

.. and yes, I left Keith my thoughts on YouTube.

Don't be a Keith.

Agreed, I don't Keith should have popped off like that. Way too early to get confrontational. I would rather remain silent, pack up my stuff and just leave, in order to fly again another day.

the biggest problem for drone flyers here in the UK ,especially if they are flying sub 250g drones ,is not so much the actual airspace where they are flying, but TOAL (Take off and Landing)
because more and more Local Bylaws are being introduced that prevent TOAL from a specific area

Reactions: CadrePilot
Keith proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the village idiot. I say, I say, boy's bout as sharp as a bowling ball.

I love Ken's videos but Keith was being a class A a**hole. Cops were correct. Fed law only controls airspace not the ground you take off and land. Kudos to Ken for deescalating the situation. Needs to put Keith on a leash.

The first guy is being an a-hole. You act like that towards the cops, you're going to get it back. It's about a land use, not airspace. The guy is being a turd about it. The cops have EVERY right to tell you where you can fly.

The guy is a jerk and he deserves everything he has "threatened with".

This guy gives us all a bad name. Ken isn't right when he says the Nashville rules aren't written correctly.

I don't know who Ken is flying with, but he needs to pick his flying partners better.
Living closer to Nashville than Ken, I have looked up the rules for flying in Nashville. SOME city parks do not allow flying from park property(this includes parking lots). Some do allow flying. It is always best to check, Ken flys Centennial Park quite often and has never had a negative interaction with the police. Keith needs to just stay away from Nashville!

This a perfect example of how NOT to respond to law enforcement! He sounded like a "First Amendment" auditor calling the officer a tyrant. Very disrespectful. How you respond will affect the outcome.

(not my video)

Discuss!

The more I watched this the more I was completely disgusted with the two men talking to an officer like they did, very rudely interrupting so many times. I was hoping the officer would arrest them for simply being jerks, for lack of a better word, probably not permitted. I completely lost the issue due to the rudeness. I didn't care anymore who was right. I imagined them being handcuffed and taken in, if even for a couple of hours.

Reactions: Moozer and Dmcvey
Ken’s early stuff was great learning content but lately it seems he is posting click bait looking for views. Check out his video where he flew while riding a giant Ferris wheel. Ever time time he passed the operator, he hid the controller. He just posted where he put castors on a drone and was landing/sliding off a tall interstate cracker barrel sign and water tower. Both being private property. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

(not my video either)

Discuss. (this one might be older and maybe this has been discussed earlier).

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929