DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused about repairs

braindrone

Reactions
Hi all- I am hoping you can help me gain insight into the issue I've had. My Mavic Air aircraft always paired with my remote control easily. Out on a recent trip, I was able to successfully pair the way I always do and had access to the camera and calibration per usual, but was unable to take off because I was on a no-fly zone (the map from B4UFly and Hover had no support of that area, so I could not tell prior to engaging the aircraft). Upon relocating to another area on a clear safe fly zone, I tried to pair again, and nothing. I spent a whole day trying different approaches I've read on forums: resetting factory settings, upgrading software, downgrading software, without SD, with a different SD, RC to drone directly, Wifi to drone, RC to mobile to drone. Nothing worked. Support chat and call were not helpful with any other ideas. I thus shipped my aircraft and RC to repair inquiry. Now I got a quote for $345 (~44% of the current selling price for the more advanced Mavic Air 2) and the only explanation is "Core Board & Mother Board" -- No other explanation. What I can tell from the invoice breakdown is they are replacing the board on both the aircraft and the RC and also charging me a repair fee for each device independently. My main question is: how can this happen? How can both boards simultaneously DIE in synch especially with no damage of any sort. I have barely used my drone despite buying it in 2019 because of covid travel restrictions, so it cannot be from over-usage. But also, it makes little sense to me that both devices would suddenly die like that. I am sorry for such a lengthy post, I am just baffled by this situation and find it hard to justify the repair expense, especially for what seems to be a faulty product? I appreciate any insight and advice.

Hi all- I am hoping you can help me gain insight into the issue I've had. My Mavic Air aircraft always paired with my remote control easily. Out on a recent trip, I was able to successfully pair the way I always do and had access to the camera and calibration per usual, but was unable to take off because I was on a no-fly zone (the map from B4UFly and Hover had no support of that area, so I could not tell prior to engaging the aircraft). Upon relocating to another area on a clear safe fly zone, I tried to pair again, and nothing. I spent a whole day trying different approaches I've read on forums: resetting factory settings, upgrading software, downgrading software, without SD, with a different SD, RC to drone directly, Wifi to drone, RC to mobile to drone. Nothing worked. Support chat and call were not helpful with any other ideas. I thus shipped my aircraft and RC to repair inquiry. Now I got a quote for $345 (~44% of the current selling price for the more advanced Mavic Air 2) and the only explanation is "Core Board & Mother Board" -- No other explanation. What I can tell from the invoice breakdown is they are replacing the board on both the aircraft and the RC and also charging me a repair fee for each device independently. My main question is: how can this happen? How can both boards simultaneously DIE in synch especially with no damage of any sort. I have barely used my drone despite buying it in 2019 because of covid travel restrictions, so it cannot be from over-usage. But also, it makes little sense to me that both devices would suddenly die like that. I am sorry for such a lengthy post, I am just baffled by this situation and find it hard to justify the repair expense, especially for what seems to be a faulty product? I appreciate any insight and advice.
IMO, the repair facility employs the same technician that our copier company employs, BOB. BOB are the initials of a particularly low skilled technician who's name is actually Box Of Boards. So, if you are, IMO, a somewhat disingenuous service company with a larcenous streak, you will use BOB to your advantage. IIWY, I would ask that my equipment be returned and then locate a better service provider. If your bird is out of warranty you have choices...and the members of this group will be happy to steer you in the right direction. Further, IMO, it is unlikely that both main boards failed simultaneously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS