DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused on downloading video.

Abitasteve

Reactions
First flight today. I was sick feeling. I just knew when hit launch that would be the last time I would ever see my mini 2. Everything went well. I was using a i phone. How can I send HD video to my PC computer? I heard the files saved on my Phone are low quality. The slot for SD cards seem blocked. If I get a usp card reader will that help? Im using windows 10 edge. Thanks!!!!!

Switch the drone off, take the mSD card out of the drone and put it into a reader attached to a computer, download to your heart's content. Just don't forget to put the empty card back in the drone lol. Otherwise it is a bit of a downer to suddenly realise there isn't a memory card in the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
First flight today. I was sick feeling. I just knew when hit launch that would be the last time I would ever see my mini 2. Everything went well. I was using a i phone. How can I send HD video to my PC computer? I heard the files saved on my Phone are low quality. The slot for SD cards seem blocked. If I get a usp card reader will that help? Im using windows 10 edge. Thanks!!!!!
I'm confused... Did you lose your Mini 2? How did that happen? If you don't have the Mini 2, how would you have a card for the files?
You can download files from the DJI FLy app that are saved in the cache on your phone, but they will be lower resolution. That has nothing to do with a USB card reader. You can plug your iPhone into your computer with the standard USB→Lightning cable that you use to plug into a wall wart and then open it like any other volume/drive.

So, while we're trying to sort out your file recovery situation, could you please elaborate on the Mini 2's situation?

You need to press the SD card about 2mm inside to eject the card. You can also connect the Mini to your computer and turn power on.

If you do the latter then, depending on the quantity and size of your videos, it would be an idea to set up a fan to blow cool air over and under the drone. I dislike using the drone's USB port anymore than is absolutely necessary, hence my suggestion.

2mm seems like a rather deep 'pressing' to me.

Just out of curiousity is the USB-C connector thought to be more damage proof than mUSB?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54