DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused.

StoneAIR

Reactions
How does a guy know what or was not done to his drone when it was sent in for service under dji refresh? I was told what was going to be replaced and then received a completely different drone with no paperwork. Did I not get any paperwork by accident. Is this drone refurbished? The issue was drifting. Not sure if it was the drone or the camera. Why was my rc not bound to my drone. Was it tested with the rc. Anyone know how I can get these questions answered? I’m still waiting for a email from dji. I have to assume this isn’t the normal.

It's normal to get a replacement unit instead of the actual one you sent in for repair. This happens quite often actually.

Since it's not the same aircraft if can't be already "Bond/Binded" to your RC so you'll need to bind it manually.

Odds are they has a large supply of Refurb units and it's quicker to just grab one and send it to you then to wait and get yours fixed.

The above are just assumptions.

Allen

You won't know.

If you have an actual paid repair you'll get your machine with the list of what was done, but for warranty/refresh it's "you get a working drone back", in whatever way suits them best.

It's normal to get a replacement unit instead of the actual one you sent in for repair. This happens quite often actually.

Since it's not the same aircraft if can't be already "Bond/Binded" to your RC so you'll need to bind it manually.

Odds are they has a large supply of Refurb units and it's quicker to just grab one and send it to you then to wait and get yours fixed.

The above are just assumptions.

Allen

Paperwork would have helped for sure.

Sent mine in after a minor crash. Same thing! Got a different aircraft which hasn't functioned well since! Unstable flight, despite re-calibration IMU, firmware updates on both the controller and aircraft. Very frustrated--sending them both back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986