DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Congested airwaves

Fadly

Reactions
Tried flying my mavic mini in the city park today. Only got to about 300 meters before signal interference warning started to appear. My video streams started to cut out. I understand that a city have a lot of airwaves interference from cellular and wifi signals. But I saw video where people flew their drone in the city area at greater height and distance without seemingly losing control. As I understand it, most consumer drone like Phantoms and Mavic pro also use the wifi's 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for remote control. So is there a way to cut through the interference and let my Mavic Mini fly higher and further in the city?

Is the park an open area, or are you flying where there are a lot of trees (especially pines)?
Are you losing the control signal or just the video feed?

Is the park an open area, or are you flying where there are a lot of trees (especially pines)?
Are you losing the control signal or just the video feed?

Just the video feed. I was able to guide the drone back by direct sight. Also, I flew the drone over a lake with nothing between me and the drone.

Are you sure that there is no nearby wifi? You can check with any Wireless monitor app. I have a park nearby that has both wifi access + additional Access Points deployed by the vendors selling stuff. Install an App that has a Wifi channel monitor and run a test before flying, then if needed adjust the channel and use one that seems less occupied.
Btw.. Antenna position might also affect the transmission.

Reactions: OregonEd
Don't give up! I got the very same type (CE version) and as far as the interference goes, you can workaround it by searching for a free channel.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Get out to Gerlach, Nevada. It's the darkest spot in the United States and with that, you will experience a minimum of RF interference.

As a bonus, home will have never looked so good.

Reactions: netsonic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB