DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting Air to Computer - Help

mlash

Reactions
It's very obvious that you have to turn on the Mavic Air While connected to your computer for access to the SD storage and Internal Storage. But I wonder if you can connect without taking off the Props, unfolding the Arms and/or taking off the Gimbal Guard? The Gimbal Guard is my major concern as to what damage, if any, would arise from leaving it on during file transfer?

I prefer to remove the chip from the Mavic, and use an adapter (that I got when I purchased an upgraded 64G card).
I have seen posted on the forum that some have had a problem with the cover breaking doing this. I have had no such trouble, but I have only had it for about a month.

Reactions: mlash
I prefer to remove the chip from the Mavic, and use an adapter (that I got when I purchased an upgraded 64G card).
I have seen posted on the forum that some have had a problem with the cover breaking doing this. I have had no such trouble, but I have only had it for about a month.
True, it isn't a big deal removing the sd card from the Mavic Air (I have a 64GB U3 card as well), but you still have to plug in the USB C if you want to access internal storage. I just got my Air as well but I'v had the Mavic Pro for almost 2 years and always pulled the sd card because file transfer is so slow plugged-in. Using the USB C on the Air is much much faster transfer than the Spark or Mavic Pro. Why take the time to pull the sd card and then put it back in, when you can just plug-in directly.

Also, you must open the door regardless if your pulling the sd card or plugging-in.

I personally do not take off the props, nor do I unfold the arms. But yes, please do remove the gimbal cover and position the drone in a way the gimbal can move around during startup. I think the drone would try and come up with a gimbal error, however I doubt it would be good for the drone long term.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom