DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting iPad to Smart Controller?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Recently sold my MP1 and now on the hunt for an upgrade ?

Debating on getting a Zoom/SC combo, but was kinda bummed to find out that I wouldn't be able to connect my iPad directly :(

Found this video on YouTube showing that I can connect wirelessly via a 3rd party app ?

Has anyone here used this method?

Is there any lag in streaming?

Well, might be a little late, but I spent the better part of last week figuring out what talks to who. SO, here’s what I got. M2P w/ Smart Controller (Android, and Apple don’t like talkin’). Haven’t tried any streaming, but what comes through on the controller looks real good. No live stream to iPad for me either, but after downloading files, eh, not such a bad process. I pull the sd card from the drone and put the card in the controller and download with wifi to iPad Pro. There’s something in iPhone allowing you to share cell data so you can get flight authorizations, but nothing as far as streaming video goes that I’m aware of. I guess you could set your mobile phone up for a wifi hotspot and connect your controller to the internet that way. In fact, I think I’ll try that now that I thought about it... But you posted this in May and it’s January. Prolly got it figured out by now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly