DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting samsung tablet

alex1953

Reactions
Hi pilots
Im new to this site.
Can anyone tell me why my Samsung tab A doesn't connect to my mavic pro.( tablet to USB on controller) no problem coñecting using my phone. Just got the tablet.
It appears to just go into charging mode with battery charging % showing on the tablet screen How do i fix this?
Any help appreciated.
Alex

depending on the age of said tablet it might not have enough processor speed to run the app. i have an older Tab A 7in that works on my Phantom 3 4K. but when i tried on my mavic pro it was slow, laggy, and would just freeze or crash the app.

Needs to be a data cable and not a charge only one. But still the process may be too slow. Did the app download?
What is it called ? Micro c or whatever, are they available generically or is the connection dji proprietary? Both go4 and fly apps loaded ok.
Thanks for the information.
Alex

What is it called ? Micro c or whatever, are they available generically or is the connection dji proprietary? Both go4 and fly apps loaded ok.
Thanks for the information.
Alex
I searched my cables drawer and found a micro B
USB 2.0 male to male .It works, I'll try it with my mini next. Thanks Alex

Go to the settings on your tablet. There should be a way to change the charge only, data etc. while connected the USB C cable.

Reactions: FiLiNuX
The option to not charge is only on an Apple device.
The above is correct. When you plug the cable in look up in your notifications area and you can select what you want the cable to be used for. I am not posting just to reiterate the previous post but to state that I feel this is a horrible oversight on the DJI Android dev team. I just can't understand why they would not realize that the controllers battery (1.5 to 2.0 hours use) should NOT be charging a device with much longer usage times. Or to at least provide a working software on/off switch.

Reactions: Gygax
The above is correct. When you plug the cable in look up in your notifications area and you can select what you want the cable to be used for. I am not posting just to reiterate the previous post but to state that I feel this is a horrible oversight on the DJI Android dev team. I just can't understand why they would not realize that the controllers battery (1.5 to 2.0 hours use) should NOT be charging a device with much longer usage times. Or to at least provide a working software on/off switch.
I was led to believe it was an Android limitation perhaps in the hardware.
That Apple has some way to signal don’t charge but android does not.
Not 100% confirmed but what I’ve heard.
I’d also like to point out something else I experienced If the RC is not charging when you turn it on it will not charge when you plug it in.
And even plugged in it can’t charge an iPad but it will slow down the battery draining. I learned this the hard way.

Reactions: DanMan32
1.I was led to believe it was an Android limitation perhaps in the hardware.

2.I’d also like to point out something else I experienced If the RC is not charging when you turn it on it will not charge when you plug it in.
1. Im sure it is 100% possible as there are apps available to do this exact thing (Root is required for you to do it but Google could incorporate it easily). If not....Mod masters to the rescue!! Time for me /us to make some USB adapters with a terminated voltage wires!! :)

2.As it happens often, I think I am missing something here. Do you turn on your RC when charging for some reason?

Reactions: Gygax
1. Im sure it is 100% possible as there are apps available to do this exact thing (Root is required for you to do it but Google could incorporate it easily). If not....Mod masters to the rescue!! Time for me /us to make some USB adapters with a terminated voltage wires!! :)

2.As it happens often, I think I am missing something here. Do you turn on your RC when charging for some reason?
If you put a resistor in series it can be stopped. Just out of the box you can't.

My point about the RC itself charging - my observations is that - it must be charging BEFORE you the RC ON. If you connect the USB charger to the side port after you turn it on it does not charge.
At least on an M2. Other RC's may be different.

Hi pilots
Im new to this site.
Can anyone tell me why my Samsung tab A doesn't connect to my mavic pro.( tablet to USB on controller) no problem coñecting using my phone. Just got the tablet.
It appears to just go into charging mode with battery charging % showing on the tablet screen How do i fix this?
Any help appreciated.
Alex
No KoolAid politics; just a solution. See the picture to maintain a full charge on the controller and tablet. Forget the homemade stand; Lekufee is better.

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
If you put a resistor in series it can be stopped. Just out of the box you can't.

My point about the RC itself charging - my observations is that - it must be charging BEFORE you the RC ON. If you connect the USB charger to the side port after you turn it on it does not charge.
At least on an M2. Other RC's may be different.
Nice! it called a USB Power Enhancer cable just ordered two.
There was an issue with th cable I was using - now it starts charging even if it is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend a super high quality usb micro cable?
I bought about 8 to find 4 that worked well. You might get lucky the first time. Look for a configuration and length that appeal to you on amazon. Get the right combination of micro or usb c and usb a data that you need.

No KoolAid politics; just a solution. See the picture to maintain a full charge on the controller and tablet. Forget the homemade stand; Lekufee is better.
In your diagram you mention connect last. Does this mean you need to pull this out every time you power up?

In your diagram you mention connect last. Does this mean you need to pull this out every time you power up?
Just the first time I connect to the MC so that it triggers the tablet to ask what I want to connect to: Go4 or Litchee. I don't set either as default so that I get the choice.

Just the first time I connect to the MC so that it triggers the tablet to ask what I want to connect to: Go4 or Litchee. I don't set either as default so that I get the choice.
I see not an issue with IOS never seems to ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura