DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting samsung tablet

The OP specifically referred to a Samsung (Android). This would make your comment a hijack.
PS: Watch out for that green KoolAid.
Just wanted to make sure the plug this in last was not some issue that would fry things.

Well in any event your Pro setup has really helped me thank you.

green KoolAid? I don't get it.

I do not recommend connecting a power source to the power leads of a cable going from the side port to a mobile device.

When the RC is connected to a mobile device using an OTG cable to the side port, the RC port is configured to GIVE power, not to receive it. By adding an external power source in such a configuration, you're forcing power in the opposite direction than designed.

Now if you connect the external power source to the power leads going to the mobile device and leave the power leads coming from the RC disconnected, that should be OK.

Google didn't provide a charge state option in their API for apps to use. There is a file that can be modified to change the state, but requires root. Some manufacturers have provided the function as they have root access in their adaptation to the Android kernel.
USB standards require a host (RC in this case) to provide at least 500ma available for a device, and the hardware most Androids use need to see power to enable data to be used. If you get the resistance just right, then current isn't quite sufficient to trigger the Android to charge, but not insufficient to enable use of data.

Reactions: Gygax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada