DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection Problem Android / Controller - Need help please

Dislashed

Reactions
Hello,

I purchased a mavic 2 pro, and it's been two days since I can not fly my drone :
Here are the steps I did :

-Connect to DJi GO4
-plug my android to the controller
-turn on the drone
-Go to the application and click on Enter Device
-Click on Connect to the aircraft.
[First problem : I'm never asked to update the drone, I had no message for it. So I had to download Dji Assistant 2 to update in my computer the drone/battery then my controller.]
-Then, there are 4 steps in the application :
1) Unfold the Arms and Install the Battery : OK, I clicked on Next
2) Start the Aircraft and RC : OK, I clicked on Next.
3) Connect the RC and Mobile Device : Not OK, I cannot click on the button ’Link with the aircraft’ (having a grey tint). And here is the second problem. It is displayed ’Disconnected’ on the application.

However, the cable is the great, and when i plug the controller to my smartphone, I see that my mobile ’is charging’, so it is well connected.
The drone is well connected to the controller, because I can switch the light colors by clicking on controller’s buttons.

Can you help me please? Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• drone.png
    drone.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 23
  • drone2.png
    drone2.png
    233 KB · Views: 24
Hello,

I purchased a mavic 2 pro, and it's been two days since I can not fly my drone :
Here are the steps I did :

-Connect to DJi GO4
-plug my android to the controller
-turn on the drone
-Go to the application and click on Enter Device
-Click on Connect to the aircraft.
[First problem : I'm never asked to update the drone, I had no message for it. So I had to download Dji Assistant 2 to update in my computer the drone/battery then my controller.]
-Then, there are 4 steps in the application :
1) Unfold the Arms and Install the Battery : OK, I clicked on Next
2) Start the Aircraft and RC : OK, I clicked on Next.
3) Connect the RC and Mobile Device : Not OK, I cannot click on the button ’Link with the aircraft’ (having a grey tint). And here is the second problem. It is displayed ’Disconnected’ on the application.

However, the cable is the great, and when i plug the controller to my smartphone, I see that my mobile ’is charging’, so it is well connected.
The drone is well connected to the controller, because I can switch the light colors by clicking on controller’s buttons.

Can you help me please? Thanks a lot !

Try these, I hope it will help you resolve your issue.

Reactions: Dislashed
Thanks for your reply nilomiclat
At 0:26 minute, my aircraft didnt make sound. Ok the lights are yellow, but there is no ’binding’. It is just displayed ’connecting..’.
I am using my own wifi

Attachments

• drone3.png
    drone3.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for your reply nilomiclat
At 0:26 minute, my aircraft didnt make sound. Ok the lights are yellow, but there is no ’binding’. It is just displayed ’connecting..’.
I am using my own wifi

Welcome to the forum......Try turning WiFi off on the drone (Change to RC) and then plug the android into the controller before opening GO 4. Put your android in "Airplane mode" and open the home page. Turn your controller on and it should say "Connecting" Then last turn the drone on and give it a few seconds and GO4 should open automatically and says "Enter device", until you see "Go Fly" and hit that button.

Are you using the side Micro-USB or the front USB-A to connect the RC to the Android? If latter, you must unplug the unused cord from the side.

Hello, thank you for your answers Cheech Wizard and DanMan3 ! .
Unfortunately, it still does not work. I really think it's my Android smartphone (honor 8) that can not connect to the controller. The drone/controller are working together : when i move the drone manually, some information (speed, ...) are displayed. However, I tried to plug the usb and micro usb as you said, but it did not work, although the smartphone battery indicates that it is charging so connecting. Into the Option For Developer tab, I tried to activate the USB debug when I plugged the USB cable to the controller. Did not work too. The options for the Option For Developer are :
-USB debug : ON
-always ask during a usb connection : OFF
-ADB debug in charge mode only : ON (I tried off to)
-enable display attribute inspection : OFF

it's complicated to fly a drone ahah ^^

Thanks to help me again :)
Have a good day

I had trouble with Samsung Tab E Connecting to P3A and Mavic2 controller. Something in the Samsung code intercepts the USB connection and either tries to 'help' or has malware protection that prohibits the Go app and controller from making a complete connection. Rebooting the tablet once everything was on and connected would usually get around what was causing the block.
With the M2, I even had issues with my HTC 10. It would show charging so I assumed it had a solid connection. Then I discovered anything connected to the side USB would prohibit the front USB from working as data. When I unplugged the short cable from the side, front would work.
I bought a Samsung Tab S3, no issues with it, other than Go 4 crashing, but that also occurred with the HTC. That was with v4.3.0.
See if selecting file transfer mode for USB on your mobile helps. USB debugging should be off these days. See if there are any security options for USB and turn those off.

I had the same issue. The problem is that your phone is only recognizing that connection as a "charging" connection. You need to switch it to USB data mode. Every phone is different but that should solve your issue.

Most of the time it will show as charging mode. The USB connection to the RC isn't a common standard one.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato