DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Considering buying a MA2, but...

BaoRozzo

Reactions
I have already a mavic air, a crystalsky 7,85 2000nit, dji goggles re...

crystalsky is yet not supported, but goggles re should, right?
They use ocusync, mavic air 2 use ocusync 2, so, it should work, right?

and hope they will support crystalsky, it would sucks to have spent all these money and they leave it behind...

Reactions: Ramboat
I won't buy one until it is compatible with my Crystalskys.....

Reactions: BaoRozzo
I have a MA2 on order, but the Goggles thing frustrates me. I dont understand why the MA2 will not be compatible since it uses Ocusync 2 like the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom do. Seems like a huge oversight by DJI unless there is a major tech reason it couldn't happen. It would also be helpful if they said 100% it will NEVER be compatible or it will in a future release. I would hate to sell my RE Goggles and then find out it is compatible in 6 months.

Which is fair, since you have a lot of money invested in the Cystal Sky. That said, it is very possible no future DJI consumer level drones will be compatible.
True, so I'll continue to enjoy my MA and my M2Zoom. New batteries will certainly be cheaper than new drones....or maybe I'll get an Evo 2.;)

Although.....I just located the DJI Fly 1.1.0 apk on apkmirror. May have to see if that will load on CS and check to see if it works.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure original Air used enhanced WiFi, not Occusync.

Yes, but the Goggles worked with Wifi on the MA and Ocusync 2 on the Mavic Pro line. It needed a cable to connect to the controller for the MA (which was fine, but limited to 720) and the Mavic used Ocusync 2 w/o the need of a cable. That is how the MA2 should be connecting.

I travel light and it's now larger (especially that Parrot looking controller) and heavier and will not fit in my bag along with my fuji xt-20 + lens :p but never say never.

IMG_1625.jpg

this is a13" x 7" sling bag.

8182nDsO49L._AC_SX679_.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos