DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Consistent recorded/saved flight path

F

FormerMember06292019_2

I've been playing with my Mavic 2 for a couple of weeks now. I do enjoy it. But now I'd like to begin using the video and photographic capabilities. One of the things I'd like to do is compare a similar video with different settings and post-processing. I have a basic understanding of the POI orbit. But what I'd like to do is have the drone take off from a place near a useful target (a bridge in a city park) and reliably fly the same orbit and camera movement. Bring up a macro/file/user option to fly "Bridge Route 01" repeatedly.

I don't find reference to such in the PDF manual but maybe I missed it. Any help or direction to a instructional video or reference would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been playing with my Mavic 2 for a couple of weeks now. I do enjoy it. But now I'd like to begin using the video and photographic capabilities. One of the things I'd like to do is compare a similar video with different settings and post-processing. I have a basic understanding of the POI orbit. But what I'd like to do is have the drone take off from a place near a useful target (a bridge in a city park) and reliably fly the same orbit and camera movement. Bring up a macro/file/user option to fly "Bridge Route 01" repeatedly.

I don't find reference to such in the PDF manual but maybe I missed it. Any help or direction to a instructional video or reference would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You can set up a waypoint mission to do that. It’s only going to fly the mission once and then stop but you can start the same mission over again once it’s done and save it to your favorites to fly the same path again another day.

There’s an app called Auto-Pilot which is much more flexible when it comes to waypoints but it’s a professional tool and will seem unintuitive to someone used to DJI Go 4. Takes some studying before going out and using and even then takes some practice.

Last I checked Autopilot (Hangar) hasn’t been updated to support the Mavic 2. As has been suggested it has a great depth of available configuration options and functionality- lucky the instructional flight mode videos are well produced and the documentation is excellent. I wouldn’t be afraid of the complexity but I would check to see if the M2 is supported before purchase.

Another option is litchi. Litchi has evolved over time to pretty much match the Autopilot functionality.

For your proposed use case both will serve you well.

Reactions: brett8883
Last I checked Autopilot (Hangar) hasn’t been updated to support the Mavic 2. As has been suggested it has a great depth of available configuration options and functionality- lucky the instructional flight mode videos are well produced and the documentation is excellent. I wouldn’t be afraid of the complexity but I would check to see if the M2 is supported before purchase.

Another option is litchi. Litchi has evolved over time to pretty much match the Autopilot functionality.

For your proposed use case both will serve you well.

Well that’s disappointing ?. One thing I like about Auto-pilot that Litchi doesn’t have is the ability to do “patrol” missions where it repeats the mission over and over without manually restarting. That’s what I was thinking of when I made the recommendation.

Litchi has “reverse” as an ending action but it seems to just hover there and not do anything? Maybe it does something with the Mavic 2?

Well that’s disappointing ?. One thing I like about Auto-pilot that Litchi doesn’t have is the ability to do “patrol” missions where it repeats the mission over and over without manually restarting. That’s what I was thinking of when I made the recommendation.

Litchi has “reverse” as an ending action but it seems to just hover there and not do anything? Maybe it does something with the Mavic 2?
The seemed lack of enthusiasm by Hanger for Autopilot is disappointing. It was my favourite app. I can’t help with the litchi question, haven’t used it with the M2 yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78