DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Continuous drone flying issues

toucanf16

Reactions
I want to make a hyperlapse of my roofing job. I plan to cycle among 5 or 6 batteries. I figure I can charge spare batteries while the drone is airborne. I plan to land and takeoff as quickly as possible and stitch the hyperlapses together to get the full roofing job. Do you see anyone see any problem running my drone practically continuously for eight hours only landing long enough to swap out batteries?

No the drone will be fine, be interesting to see the final outcome. We have clients that run 24 /7 using the Auto Landers to record Ocean Containers on the ships before they go out to sea so you should be fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the water.

Howdy, some unsolicited advice about charging batteries - when battery #1 comes out of the drone, set it down and let it cool off. When battery #3 goes into the drone, now you can charge battery #1. If you can skip a battery during your charging process, they will have a chance to cool and lengthen their life.

Howdy, some unsolicited advice about charging batteries - when battery #1 comes out of the drone, set it down and let it cool off. When battery #3 goes into the drone, now you can charge battery #1. If you can skip a battery during your charging process, they will have a chance to cool and lengthen their life.
I have two chargers and 6 batteries. Hope it keeps me going without having to charge a depleted warm battery. Anyone have experience with this charger?
Hanatora Wall & Car LCD Battery Charger for DJI Mavic 3 Series,Mavic 3 Pro/Classic/Cine/Enterprise Drone,4 in 1 Fast Multi Parallel Charging Hub Accessories https://a.co/d/iGPwQNV

I have two chargers and 6 batteries. Hope it keeps me going without having to charge a depleted warm battery. Anyone have experience with this charger?
Hanatora Wall & Car LCD Battery Charger for DJI Mavic 3 Series,Mavic 3 Pro/Classic/Cine/Enterprise Drone,4 in 1 Fast Multi Parallel Charging Hub Accessories https://a.co/d/iGPwQNV
I have this one and it has been fine so far (although I use my DJI Hub more often since it's more compact and it's what I travel with).

Your location should not be an extreme temperature issue. If you were in the southwest, that could be an issue depending on time of day.

No the drone will be fine, be interesting to see the final outcome. We have clients that run 24 /7 using the Auto Landers to record Ocean Containers on the ships before they go out to sea so you should be fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the water.
Sounds interesting.
What are Auto Landers and how does the 24/7 setup work?

Pole photography works well for long-term presence- I use a 25’ expanding pole for “aerials”. Legal in National Parks as well.

Tethered Drones are another way of doing this.

The roof project commenced two days ago. I flew 20 flights totaling 589 minutes (almost 10 hours airborne!). I rotated six batteries though the stock DJI charger and a Hantora charger Amazon.com. I flew one battery and then put it aside to cool while flying the next battery and so on. The Hantora will simultaneously charge three batteries at 2A each (or two batteries at 3A each). The Hantora wouldn’t quite keep up so I would use the Mavic charger for the fourth battery.
Now the editing begins. The production won’t be anything fancy (primarily done on my iPad)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The roof project commenced two days ago. I flew 20 flights totaling 589 minutes (almost 10 hours airborne!). I rotated six batteries though the stock DJI charger and a Hantora charger Amazon.com. I flew one battery and then put it aside to cool while flying the next battery and so on. The Hantora will simultaneously charge three batteries at 2A each (or two batteries at 3A each). The Hantora wouldn’t quite keep up so I would use the Mavic charger for the fourth battery.
Now the editing begins. The production won’t be anything fancy (primarily done on my iPad)
Where do you find a roofer who will complete the job in just 10 hours?
That's a diamond in the rough! LOL!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.