DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

continuously pop-up for check box and confirm responsability for flight

mbsz53

Reactions
Hello all,

I have the MP Pro and use GoApp4. Since the last firmware update .22, I continuously get the pop-up to check the box and confirm responsibility for the flight. I've been flying in places that this was never a problem. It's almost impossible to fly and it's definitely not enjoyable.

Please offer any suggestions or insights about the pop-up issue.

Thank you.

from what i understand newer version of the app require you to unlock NFZ in order to fly

from what i understand newer version of the app require you to unlock NFZ in order to fly
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. These are not NFZ. In essence I'm confirming responsibility, but then the same window pops up again. Over and over and over. It's very dangerous because I can not see where I'm flying on the monitor.

The notifications indicate the Airspace you are flying in like Class E , etc. Right?
It is a reference to airspace. The alert reads something to the effect ' may be restricted airspace, do you take responsibility for the flight",
The notifications indicate the Airspace you are flying in like Class E , etc. Right?
Yes, it is a reference to airspace. It reads something like, ' you may be in restricted airspace. Do you take responsibility for the flight ', the is a box to check and then press button to confirm. I complete the process and then the box pops up again. Continuously. I've flown in these areas before without this happening. What to do?

First I have heard of this pop up, could you take a screen shot of it. anyone else.
I'll try to get a screen shot, but it might be outside of technical ability. I think it's a disclaimer that happens before every flight. My problem is that once I accept responsibility, it keeps popping up. You would think once responsibility is accepted, the window would not pop up again continuously. These are locations where I have flown before without this happening. Two things are different. I upgraded firmware to 0.22 and I'm using a new phone for the monitor. I'm guessing the phone has nothing to do with it. Thank you for your interest.

Maybe try to do a hard reset on your phone/tablet? Some times weird things happen if it has been a long time since your phone has been powered down.

It's been a problem for ever if you're right on the edge of a zone and always go in/out of it, but if you're really inside not really.

Thank you for this suggestion. I tried reboot in the field and it was no help. I'd check the box, tap confirm and it would pop right up again. I went through for batteries trying to get some pretty special imagery. Was impossible to punch buttons and get steady video. Ended up try to get some stills, but really couldn't see a thing. There were three power gliders flying on the beach. I was too worried about a crash. This pop up ruined the opportunity and experience.

It's been a problem for ever if you're right on the edge of a zone and always go in/out of it, but if you're really inside not really.
This makes some sense. If my memory serves me correctly, when I was stationary the pop up stopped. It was mainly in motion. Prior to updating, it wasn't a problem in these same places.

I get them frequently flying in my back yard, it is because you are flying in an authorization zone, typically just outside of NFZ’s.

You might try to fly without any wifi/cell signal. Go into Airplane mode on phone/tabby...

That's why I have never updated my AC firmware. Still on .400 from waaay back.
DJI Go4 is 1.0.4.
You might try to go back one rev? if you can. Not sure if DJI locked it up so you can't go back after updating. I know they took away the sweetest revs, now it nothing but NFZ's and limited range, and some other anomolies here and there......
You can try going to You Tube, searching for "Digdat0" and he has the vids to go to ANY level of firmware, the total history of the Mavic firmware levels....

I'm right on the edge of a 5-mile zone and I used to get these popups once per flight. Suddenly today they are popping up once every 10 or 15 seconds!

And every time it happens it blocks the screen. Somebody's going to crash their drone for sure because of this. At the moment my MPP is pretty much unusable. :mad:

OBTW, my wife, who was flying her Spark right next to me using her iPhone 8+, did not see these annoying popups (except for the normal one at the start of her flight).

DJI's buggy software is really getting old... :rolleyes:

Sung to the tune of the Bangles, Manic Monday:
It's just another firmware update...I hope I'll be able to fly today...
Why is it acting that a way? I hope I don't crash in a lake...it's just another firmware update....

I have NOT updated any firmware and that message started popping up. No matter where I fly it comes up. But unlike others here it seemingly only comes up when initially starting and as long as drone is landed. Once in air, the messages go away.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I've never seen that, knock on wood. I'm getting the update precise fly database or whatever and usually just hit ignore once and I don't see it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky