DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control issues for Mavic Mini.

MAMD

Reactions
Hey!
If anyone on the forum can answer this, it would be great!
When I fly my Mavic Mini, I like to fly slowly. But of course there are times when I want to get a better forward speed, but not faster results in the rotation control. If I go from "Cinerma" mode to "Sport", all steering angles (forward, backward, rotation and altitude) increase in speed. I would like to keep the slow "rotation speed" even though the others increase ... Something that may not be achievable with the associated control for the Mavic mini. But can it be solved by buying a more advanced control where the parameters can be set separately?

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to the Forum MAMD, can’t split the functions that I have seen. If it can be done I’m sure someone one here will know.
Regards

Welcome to the Forum MAMD, can’t split the functions that I have seen. If it can be done I’m sure someone one here will know.
Regards
Ok. In the regular radio transmitter it may not work. But if I buy a more advanced transmitter ?, I have it when I fly regular rc planes, and then I can set all control levers how I want. Even that I want a small rudder range in the beginning but which increases towards the end ... I just mean that the transmitter that comes with the Mavic mini is not a transmitter of the higher quality so the possibility does not exist. I have solved the problem a bit by extending the joysticks 30-40mm and can then give a little more gentle rotational turns. That will probably be the solution for so long. But if I were to get a bigger drone in the future or build a bigger one myself, then the possibility must exist ...?

Reactions: lowellton
it has nothing to do with the RC ,

Ok, I think I understand. Every change you make from the transmitter is really a change in the drone's own software, right? Does it work the same in all Mavic drones? Or is there the possibility of the more sophisticated setting I'm looking for in Mavic's more expensive drones? Or do you simply have to build a drone yourself to be able to mix fast and slow settings ...?
Greetings.

MAMD... you may want to visit rcgroups.com and visit their drone forum. There are always people rewriting code or tweaking settings in their drones over there. Usually inexpensive ones though as sometimes they brick their devices in the process. A couple years ago I learned how to tweak setting on my first real drone through changes through my remotes settings over there including pitch, roll, and yaw rates. And as you mentioned home builders do this all the time....

But as mentioned earlier if it could be done with the Mini it probably would be already heard about. My guess is DJI is a little more secure with their codes/protocols than some of the cheaper drones.....

Last edited:
Plus the RC to AC connection is more sophisticated and proprietary than each stick being on a separate standard channel sending numbers from -100 to 100.

You can get finer control over speed with a set of longer, beefier RC sticks. MM remote isn't exactly suited or built to have fine control although it isn't that bad either with a bit of training.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98