DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control schemes

aphillips916

Reactions
So I have used the different joystick control schemes, but haven't found one that works really good. What do most of you all use on here? Also how do you all program your different buttons?

Mode 1. It's always going to be what you're used to, but I like the left stick to be all about moving the Mavic around on the one plane like driving a car. Right stick for getting fancy with up/down/left and right. Anything else would just completely screw me up at this point!

I have the 5D hat set for zoom in/out, AE lock, and Camera Foward/Down

My C1 C2? I could never remember which one I set to what, so I set them both to Center Auto Focus. Get it right every time now!

I use mode 1, but I am an Aussie pilot that has been flying model aircraft and helicopters in mode 1 ever since I started flying 35 odd years ago. Throttle/pitch and ailerons/sideways on the right and elevator/forward rudder/yaw on the left.

I started with mode 2 as that was the default and I saw recommendations for it as it's the most common control setup, I couldn't get on with it at all though so I changed to mode 3 which is similar to FPS controls. However that just seemed to confuse me further so I'm back on Mode 2 and just spent time practicing with it, I think that's a better approach longterm rather than get used to a control scheme I may not be able to use on other devices.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twentytree