DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller buzzes

Gbshen

Reactions
My mavic controller just starded to buzz. Works ok to fly. Any thoughts

When exactly does it buzz?

Fan gunked up and out of balance with hair or debris?

How old is your controller, is it out of warranty?

Fan gunked up and out of balance with hair or debris?
I was thinking the fan could be the issue too, but that shouldn't kick on as soon as the remote controller is powered on.

I was thinking the fan could be the issue too, but that shouldn't kick on as soon as the remote controller is powered on.
The fan is variable speed, isnt it? Maybe low speed is restricted and it heats up quickly. What else might vibrate in it?

The fan may have lost a blade also.

I had the same thing out of the box! Trying to return it but customer service is ****. I asked for a shipping label almost 2 weeks ago but never got one. Now it seems that I have to pay to ship the RC to Germany and wait at least a month before i start using the drone, just because they sent a crap RC.

BTW, my noise kicks in about 2 minutes after I turn it on, so it's probably the fan.

Mine did this, had to return the controller to DJI Netherlands. Checked and replaced with a new controller, and back to me in 10 days total. Bearing faulty on fan.

What else might vibrate in it?
The remote controller vibrates when certain warnings appear (like high wind & obstacle warnings).

That's why I was asking the OP how long it buzzes. It's not clear whether or not it buzzes the entire time after it's powered on or if it's just vibrating due to a warning message being displayed.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman