DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Calibration

lertsek

Reactions
My controller won't calibrate. All of the posts tell you how to calibrate the controller, but not what to do when it won't. My right stick calibrates fine. My left stick starts at 8% deviation and leaves a small gap at the lower left corner. I run it back and forth over the space until it times out. When released it might have improved to 6%, but of course it already failed. My drone is drifting a little while hovering and I'm trying to get everything set right. I've calibrated the IMU and compass, but the controller is fighting me. I've fiddled with the rear dial while trying to get the stick to finish but no luck. I'm hoping I'm just doing something stupid. Any magical cures out there? Thanks

No magical cures. Just try to do it slowly. Look at my right stick movement at 1m32s. It doesn't like that spot, but I tried going over it, and then it moves the blue dot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've tried it over and over and it just doesn't want to clear that lower left corner of the left stick.

I've tried it over and over and it just doesn't want to clear that lower left corner of the left stick.

Do you feel a "notch" in the lower left corner where it wont clear? If so, try going over the notch very very slowly repeatedly.

If that doesn't work, is your controller still under warranty?

Your only doing one stick at a time. I do both.
is A pain but it doesn’t matter does it.

Your only doing one stick at a time. I do both.
is A pain but it doesn’t matter does it.
I normally do both at the same time, but I've been clearing the right stick so I'll have more time to concentrate on the left.

Reactions: dirkclod
I got it to calibrate!! Just got mad at it and pushed the stick VERY hard into the corner. I'm afraid another push like that might break it, so hopefully that won't be needed. Thanks to all for your replies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler