DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller cord issue???

genesimmons

Reactions
hi all, very new piolot here, i am using a sony experia as my screen and alltough its ok its not my favorite. the charge cord comes out the side not the top or botoom so i cannot use the provided nice short cords, i am using the supplied charge cord though the longer one, i dont like how it hangs down so i scored a nice 6 inch cord today, i go to fly and it wont connect to my phone, i opened the app 5 times and no dice, i see it charging but not connecting, my question is does the controller use a special type of cord? or did i just get a bum cord, i was so excoted it was nice a short and looked clean but wouldnt work, glad i broguht the other cord or i would have not got a flight in today. what cord should i be looking for, i really want a right angle cord to minimaize evryhing but if only some work i dont want to start ordering all the wrong ones haha, thanx guys

A good quality cable should work. I suspect the one you have may only be for charging and not data?

i didnt realize cables came in 2 kinds, charge only and charge and data, pretty sure it said for data transfer but i threw away the package, hope the next one works,

I have received cables with cheap electronic items that only contained 2 wires for charging only. I don't know if that's what you have but it is a possibility. Is it a micro USB? You can use the cable that came with the device, just wrap it up.

yes micro to full size, my phone is on the side and i connect to bottom of the controller, i like the idea of short and right angle, ill have to make sure the one i am ordering says data

I prefer connecting mobile devices to the port on the bottom of the remote controller.

On my mavic pro controller, if you have a cable plugged into the side socket then the port on the bottom only works for charging. Seems like there's some sort of detect switch on the side socket which disables the bottom socket. I went through a lot of cables thinking they were faulty before I discovered this by accident.

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone