DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller don't connect to Samsung S9

wrocco

Reactions
Hi guys, sorry for my english.

I was a while looking for my issue here and in DJI forum but haven't find any solution.

The thing is I brought my Mini 2 froM Amazon USA (I live in Chile) and just can't connect to my Samsung Galaxy S9 (not plus, just S9) running Android 10.

Note I tried with my old iPhone 6 and works fine, it connect and show video for a few seconds. But its battery is lacked (15 minutes of autonomy, hopefully), so I can't even update firmware because I'm afraid of iPhone turn off while drone upgrading.

Any idea what I can do to fix Galaxy issue? I tried USB debug mode on and off, turn on first RC, then drone and then connect to phone.

Greetings.

Can you try another cable between the phone and the controller?
Or, using the current cable, can you connect your phone to a computer? If so does the computer see the phone and get access to it?
Is the phone 64bit? From the specs I have found I would guess it is but it's worth checking.

Have you reformatted the SD card your using

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

There are few more experts on the forum and they will look into as soon as they see your post.

Looks like both of your devices are compatible.

If you have a computer then you can use it for the update.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

There are few more experts on the forum and they will look into as soon as they see your post.

Looks like both of your devices are compatible.

If you have a computer then you can use it for the update.

Thanks for your welcoming. I'm pretty new in drone world, this is my second but my first real drone (my very first drone was a Tello I buy for learn to fly and lost because suffered a disconnection).

Great, I'll try to upgrade using my laptop.

Can you try another cable between the phone and the controller?
Or, using the current cable, can you connect your phone to a computer? If so does the computer see the phone and get access to it?
Is the phone 64bit? From the specs I have found I would guess it is but it's worth checking.
Have no more cables. Now we´re on weekend quarantine so it's a bit hard try to buy one. Anyway, the cable supplied is new.

The phone is 64 bit. I install CPU-Z app for confirming that.

I get an unknown device error on my laptop, so maybe the USB C connector is the problem.

Have no more cables. Now we´re on weekend quarantine so it's a bit hard try to buy one. Anyway, the cable supplied is new.

The phone is 64 bit. I install CPU-Z app for confirming that.

I get an unknown device error on my laptop, so maybe the USB C connector is the problem.

Try turning the usb-c upside down when you plug it into the S9, sometimes there is an orientation/alignment problem.

Also check inside the the usb-c port on the S9 to see if it is dusty, there might be some fluff in there blocking the connection

The fact the MM2 works with the iphone6 suggests it's not a firmware problem.
Does DJI Fly run on your S9 with just the drone disconnected (no video feed) or does the app crash/ not run ?

This is the way to use DJI Assistant 2 (second half of the video), the MA2 and the MM2 process are the same, the drone needs to powered on for the usb to recognise it.

Last edited:
Try turning the usb-c upside down when you plug it into the S9, sometimes there is an orientation/alignment problem.
Tried a lot and nothing happens.

Also check inside the the usb-c port on the S9 to see if it is dusty, there might be some fluff in there blocking the connection
I'm suspecting that, because I can´t connect to my laptop. In one of my tries, get "USB moisture" warning so connector seems to be the issue.

The fact the MM2 works with the iphone6 suggests it's not a firmware problem.
Does DJI Fly run on your S9 with just the drone disconnected (no video feed) or does the app crash/ not run ?
No crashes or freezes, just no video feed and no remote control information either, because phone get no connection.

This is the way to use DJI Assistant 2 (second half of the video), the MA2 and the MM2 process are the same, the drone needs to powered on for the usb to recognise it.
Tried that, but I'm getting this warning and not sure if proceed or not. Any advise?

dji assistant 2.jpg

Thank you so much. It's late here and I'm tired so I will continue tomorrow. Good night.

Tried a lot and nothing happens.

I'm suspecting that, because I can´t connect to my laptop. In one of my tries, get "USB moisture" warning so connector seems to be the issue.

No crashes or freezes, just no video feed and no remote control information either, because phone get no connection.

Tried that, but I'm getting this warning and not sure if proceed or not. Any advise?

View attachment 122376

Thank you so much. It's late here and I'm tired so I will continue tomorrow. Good night.

Can you try another usb-c phone , that would isolate the problem to the S9

Reactions: wrocco
All good advice but if your phone won't even connect to a computer then the phone is certainly the issue. Ensure you have latest DJI Asst. 2 for Mavic. But all in all you should be able to connect your phone to a computer and it be detected and come up in your Drives, If your computer can't see it then DJI can't see it either :)

Hi guys, sorry for my english.

I was a while looking for my issue here and in DJI forum but haven't find any solution.

The thing is I brought my Mini 2 froM Amazon USA (I live in Chile) and just can't connect to my Samsung Galaxy S9 (not plus, just S9) running Android 10.

Note I tried with my old iPhone 6 and works fine, it connect and show video for a few seconds. But its battery is lacked (15 minutes of autonomy, hopefully), so I can't even update firmware because I'm afraid of iPhone turn off while drone upgrading.

Any idea what I can do to fix Galaxy issue? I tried USB debug mode on and off, turn on first RC, then drone and then connect to phone.

Greetings.
I have been able to connect both my Spark and Mavic Air to my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Here is a link to a video that might help. Worked for me.

Try shutting down your phone, it may be an issue with the phone port and software recognition.

Clean the USB connector in you phone. Use a needle and compressed air. It is quite common issue on phones, where they are carried in pockets and gets dust in the connector which is then pressed together on each cable plugin ... Got my S10 really cheap due to this issue as previous owner sold it as "USB charging doesn't work" ;)

I had the same issue with the Samsung S9 my son gave me. The USB plug was damaged so I ordered a replacement circuit board from Amazon. Took my time and replaced it (lots of how-to-do videos on Youtube. The phone works fine now and connects to my Mavic Mini Controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS