DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller frustration

aringhof

Reactions
My Mavic controller has been acting up out of nowhere. It takes numerous attempts to get it to turn on, even though it has a full charge. The lights in the screen are in, but it won't fully boot up. I eventually get it on by launching the drone and pushing the power again. Conversely, the controller will NOT shut after after my flight. I turn the drone off, but the controller won't shut off until 10-15mins of inactivity, and then an alarm beeps and it finally shuts itself off. It's never dont this before until now. Any ideas?

You know the correct "double-tap" procedure for switching it on and off right?

Of course. The double tap makes the screen light up and show the batter percentage left.. but it wont stay on long enough to sync with the drone. And I cant get it to shut off, I have to wait for the controller to shut it self off due to inactivity.

The double tap (and don't want to upset you if you do know this), but you push it once for just one 'click' and release, it shows battery level breifly, then goes out, right ?
If you do a double like this, ie 2 quick pushes, it still only shows this then goes out.

Your double tap neds the one quick push, then push aain immediately and hold for a couple fo seconds.
Connecting appears on the screen.

Same for shutdown. One quick and one hold push.

The way you say it doesn't shutdown indicates to me you are not holding down long enough on the second button push.

It's all in the manual of course.

Of course. The double tap makes the screen light up and show the batter percentage left.. but it wont stay on long enough to sync with the drone. And I cant get it to shut off, I have to wait for the controller to shut it self off due to inactivity.

Did the short tap and second longer hold work for you aringhof ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190