DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller interference warnings every flight?

Title says it all. Does anyone else get these every flight? I even was getting them on a beach not near anything. No issues with the flight at all, just a little nervous to take her out very far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes me too... Worrying... An added layer of anxiety... Even in relatively unpopulated beach its happened to me.. Can't think what it is. . Hopefully it will get fixed

Reactions: VortexSpin
I've said this before and just experienced this last week. Try putting your phone or iPad in airplane mode. I just did this successfully when getting that message and it went away for the remainder of the week of use.

I fly with a cellular iPad mini 4, ranging out to 3.6klm, with wifi on, and have never seen this problem. Only warnings I've ever seen are the incessant 'Strong Wind' pop ups.

I fly with a cellular iPad mini 4, ranging out to 3.6klm, with wifi on, and have never seen this problem. Only warnings I've ever seen are the incessant 'Strong Wind' pop ups.
Yes. No offense, but "positives" don't help people experiencing negatives. If 90% don't have the problem but 10% do, the 10% only care about what can solve their problems. Because some or most people don't experience this problem when their WiFi is on, they argue that isn't the solution. I'm a very early adopter and I can tell you when my Wifi is on, I have this problem. When I turn it off it goes away. Try that next time. I also hate flying with that message in my face.

Yes. No offense, but "positives" don't help people experiencing negatives. If 90% don't have the problem but 10% do, the 10% only care about what can solve their problems. Because some or most people don't experience this problem when their WiFi is on, they argue that isn't the solution. I'm a very early adopter and I can tell you when my Wifi is on, I have this problem. When I turn it off it goes away. Try that next time. I also hate flying with that message in my face.

None taken, Andrew. It was intended purely as an observation. I guess, like all electronic digital equipment, two 'identical' items can differ widely in their performance. I'm fortunate, I must have got a 'Wednesday' Mavic. Hope Falcormas' problem is resolved.

None taken, Andrew. It was intended purely as an observation. I guess, like all electronic digital equipment, two 'identical' items can differ widely in their performance. I'm fortunate, I must have got a 'Wednesday' Mavic. Hope Falcormas' problem is resolved.
Thanks! It's amazing how many people on this site believe that since they don't experience something that makes it "not so." There are literally hundreds of variables in our setups such that it may "seem" that all else is equal when it's not. In my case, at least, when I've had this indication and I go to airplane mode, it has always gone away. Just anecdotal but true none-the-less. Have fun up there! :eek:)

Reactions: Tinmania
Thanks! It's amazing how many people on this site believe that since they don't experience something that makes it "not so." There are literally hundreds of variables in our setups such that it may "seem" that all else is equal when it's not. In my case, at least, when I've had this indication and I go to airplane mode, it has always gone away. Just anecdotal but true none-the-less. Have fun up there! :eek:)

Always!

I have seen posts about this before.. Many times before. The following is what I remember as causes found.

Magnetic clasps or screen covers on ipads or phones can cause problems, magnetic braclets, Smart watches / apple watches can cause problems, spectators with electronics standing next to you can cause issues. Being close to a public wifi hotspot can cause trouble, being near a running car, or electric motor can be a problem.......
ANYTHING is possible, you just have to start eliminating possible causes until its down to defective equipment or cables.
The 10% that do have the problem may have 20 different reasons for the error messages. Each one of you with the problem, start checking off possible sources of the trouble.

i have the interference issue mostly at home, and not just the warning. Nearest neighbor is 200 yds away and my property borders the national forest so even for northern NH i’m in the middle of no-where..... i havent had a chance to test it yet, but has anyone had a problem with an underground dog fence (Invisible Fence)?

thanks, Scott

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15