DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Issues + iPad Mini 2 no longer working

Droneholio

Reactions
I was very excited yesterday when my M2P arrived a day early.

TL;DR version:
1) My controller seems to be acting oddly, should I RMA it?
2) Sad panda that iPad Mini 2 no longer works well :(

The controller sat at 64% battery so I decided to charge it up with the drone batteries. Plugged it into the handy cord built into the power adapter and.....nothing. No indication it was charging. I unplugged/replugged a few times with no change.

Figuring it may be that the controller won't charge when the batteries are charging, I plugged it into the cord I use for my MPP controller. Nothing. Swapped cords. Nothing. Swapped cords AND outlets AND apdapters. Nothing.

At this time I figured maybe a firmware update? I plugged it into my PC and DJI 2 App would not recognize it. I figured maybe it just doesn't have a charging indicator like all the others had so I plugged it back into the cord attached to the M2P charger...and --->Charging<---

Since then I've had no problems charging it.

So I go out to fly it and my iPad Mini 2 is SUPER laggy. I clear the cache, disable caching and it gets better but still way to bad to fly with, maybe a good 1-2s delay.

I go to try my Pixel 2 XL instead and can't get the phone to connect to the controller. I tried 3 different cords, 1 through the microUSB and 2 through the standard USB. Finally after a round of plugging and unplugging I get the phone to connect to the remote. After that, it is solid.

Few hours later, exact same issue. I tried to replicate it on my iPad, but the connect was recognized each and every time right away. What the heck?

Has anyone had similar issues with remotes, either from this version or previous?
I went ahead and ordered a standard issue iPad since we kinda wanted one anyway. Looking at the Mini 4 specs and cost, it seems like the regular iPad would handle the DJI app much better.

What device(s) have worked out well with the latest DJI Go app?

Android can be hit or miss, but if you find a reliable device it works well. Sometimes it helps to enable USB debugging.

I use a 2017 iPad and an iPhone 8+, both work great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter