DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller lanyard

Alternatively, chin 😁

For your FPV drone, you'll need to have your remote controller on a lanyard if you want to fly legally and be able to remove your goggles frequently and often to maintain the required VLOS.

I've heard that flying FPV without a VO and completely violating the VLOS rule keeping the goggles on is actually safer.

Some say all things considered, situational awareness is far better FPV than naked eye, and this is believed by those with this opinion to more than compensate for the loss of naked-eye peripheral vision.

Or so I've heard. 😁

I've heard that flying FPV without a VO and completely violating the VLOS rule keeping the goggles on is actually safer.

Some say all things considered, situational awareness is far better FPV than naked eye, and this is believed by those with this opinion to more than compensate for the loss of naked-eye peripheral vision.

Or so I've heard. 😁
I think I agree with that, the FPV is moving forward so fast so quickly....the goggles have a pretty nice and wide FOV so it's almost ideal to just keep moving and simply dodge anything that's in your way. Prob why so many FPV flyers don't always have a spotter. ;)

Reactions: Torque
For larger and heavier remotes like the RC Pro and original Smart Controller, I recommend something like this just so you can get and keep a better grip. It will offer some, maybe tiny bit of protection should you drop it and maybe save you from small dents or scratches. You don't have to use the lanyard every time but it's there if you need it:

I have seen this one advertised before but i can't figure out how the attachment "rings" don't get in the way of your hand/thumbs to get to the sticks. Has anyone here used one and can either send a picture or explain it? Thanks.

I use the following and find it extremely comfortable and useful for me.

I admire your guts, I really do.

I simply could not handle the dorkmeister factor wearing something like that. I would be too self-conscious standing there to focus how I need to to fly. Especially if I'm trying to capture imagery.

81bxLQHkl9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use the following and find it extremely comfortable and useful for me.
View attachment 167511

I actually have two of these, one has a solid tray that sticks out - picture a hot dog vendor at the ball game...lol.
I used them for flying fixed wing RC when I was going through a year of cancer treatment. My arms would get really weak after several minutes of holding my controller.

However I have to laugh at the comparison. I use a regular neck lanyard for my Drones and there is NO sliding and shaking, "which seriously causes the remote control to loose and fall." <--- Now that is funny!

I use this one for the RC (Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S) and now for the RC2 (Air 3). Seems perfect for the size and weight of these lighter controllers. I put blue Loctite (242/243) on the threads just in case.

Reactions: Torque
I bought me one for my SC some time ago and did not regret it for a minute! Much easier to have the possibility to let it just hang on your neck while doing other things as taking the drone to the launch site or to pick it up after landing.

Some of the Smart Controllers, especially the larger ones, have a tripod compatible mounting receiver hole on the bottom. I use it quite often on larger mapping flights.

Is there any point or benefit of having a lanyard for the drone controller? One like this:

View attachment 167275
I use Lanyards on All of my Drone Controllers that have a Screen on them, as well as my FPV Drones. It gives me Peace of Mind knowing that if I accidentally drop the controller, It will still be secured, giving me one less thing to worry about, I use the GPC Lanyards, they work very well

Some of the Smart Controllers, especially the larger ones, have a tripod compatible mounting receiver hole on the bottom. I use it quite often on larger mapping flights.
Well, that is new for me, but sounds a great idea! I wonder if there is nothing on the market yet to be used for controllers without such a receiver hole on the bottom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks