DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not maintaining steady connection to phone (Galaxy S10)

mrtrickdk

Reactions
Problem? When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone to the controller, the connection keeps "disconnecting" and "reconnecting". I can see the controller will try to charge my S10 phone for 2 seconds, then stops charging for 2 seconds, then it starts charging again, then disconnects. Never stops repeating this process. I am unable to obviously use the phone/controller when this happens. Issue started 2 months ago, after 1+ year of flying with no issues.
See video:

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?:
  • Tried fully charged S10 phone vs low battery. No difference.
  • Fully charged controller vs low charge. No difference.
  • Tried adjusting brightness on S10 phone
  • I bought a new USB cable from controller to S10. No difference.
  • When trying with my iPhone there are zero problems. I maintain a steady connection between iPhone and controller.

What device are you using? Samsung Galaxy S10, and also tried an iPhone. My S10 is stock, not rooted. Drone is a DJI Mavic Air

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? It is all a stock

Did you change anything or install any apps? No changes other than standard Android updates etc

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes;

try deleting the app and then reinstalling it on you device ,also you say you purchased a new cable was it a data cable or just a charge cable

Reactions: Thomas B
try deleting the app and then reinstalling it on you device ,also you say you purchased a new cable was it a data cable or just a charge cable

Thanks. I tried reinstalling (and rebooting after uninstall), same issue.
New cable is a proper data cable, specifically for Drones.

Have a look at this thread
Thanks. Tried that already. Same error as before.
Super strange issues....

Ok. Does the controller have the lower full sized usb port? If so as a work around have you tried using that port and a usb to usb- c? cable? I think you might have to disconnect the old cable from the side port first or some such thing.

Or, if the phone has a usb-c port, reversing the usb-c connector? I have seen several posts on here where that has been suggested......

Last edited by a moderator:
As suggested invert USB-C connector 180°...might want to check that your USB settings on phone are set to transfer data vice just charge only as well. ;)

HI, I have the same problema with a S10 and a Mavic Mini. Do you solved the problem?
First I had problems connecting the controller to my S10 and then this problem of continuos charging. I dont know what to do and I made this invest in order to have an income.

Ok. Does the controller have the lower full sized usb port? If so as a work around have you tried using that port and a usb to usb- c? cable? I think you might have to disconnect the old cable from the side port first or some such thing.

Or, if the phone has a usb-c port, reversing the usb-c connector? I have seen several posts on here where that has been suggested......
Inverting the cable at the controller's end seems to work for me. Good idea!

This worked for me: disable fast charging on your phone.
I had the same issue with my Samsung (S10) and on a friend's Realme phone. 👍

Failing that, as others have mentioned, inverting the connector at the controller end also worked!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000