DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not turning on after changeing antenna,s to the sma pigtail connector type.

Reactions
Hi guys I bought a kit on amazon to change the stock antennas into pigtail sma connectors. Ive just finished the mod but my controller is not turning on or doing anything? I have had it on charge for 10 minutes or so still nothing?. I could really do soth some help please as I'm worried my controller is now dead. I hope not. I was extremely carefull so I dont understand what has happened.

I will try that again now I did quickly check but thought I would come here for advice. I'll do that now again and check eveything again

Thank you for the reply by the way. Is this a common problem? I hope it is just something not connected properly. I do understand that you shouldn't mess with things as there is risks but as I said I was very carefull and I didnt stress the ribbon cable. Also the glue on the ribbon and power cable came off easily I didnt have an issue with that.

I've just checked and I'm pretty sure the battery connector and ribbon cable connector are on as firmly as they can be. I dont know what else to do to try to fix this. I really didnt expect my controller to just not turn on or do anything.

Well I checked for a 4th time and now it lights up? So the moral of the story is keep checking those connections. Just going to see if the mini launches ok

Yes I will post an update once I test it tommorow. I'm pretty sure even without connecting the amplifier I should see an increase in transmission. Thanks for the congratulations I need it lol. For a few moments I thought the remote was dead so would not be able to fly anymore! I'm very interested in what results I get in my test tommorow.

Waldo Pepper just to give you an update. Yes range was very much improved! I hit 3000m across a river with stock antennas I was struggling to to get just over 1000m. Search my username here on YouTube I just uploaded a video today of my first test flight with this modifed controller and antenna setup .I recorded it earlier this afternoon.

After unplugging the battery and putting the remote back together, I think you have to plug the remote into a charger briefly. Then the remote will turn on. (After the remote is reassembled)
This is what I had to do.

Hi.
I have the exact same issue. After installing SMA connectors the controller doesn't turn on.
When I plug it into charger only the first 2 LEDs light up, even if I keep it charging.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the button ribbon cable and battery plug multiple times.
When removing glue from the button ribbon cable plug I scratched it slightly. I wonder if that could cause damage.
But on the other hand the LEDs are not powered through that cable.

Attachments

• controller leds.jpg
    controller leds.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 25
  • button ribbon plug.jpg
    button ribbon plug.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 25
Hi.
I have the exact same issue. After installing SMA connectors the controller doesn't turn on.
When I plug it into charger only the first 2 LEDs light up, even if I keep it charging.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the button ribbon cable and battery plug multiple times.
When removing glue from the button ribbon cable plug I scratched it slightly. I wonder if that could cause damage.
But on the other hand the LEDs are not powered through that cable.
Check the ribbon cable connector and board connector for bent pins and debris. The ribbon cable should snap in and not pull loose easily. The ribbon cables are very sensitive to how they are disconnected.
Also try turning the controller on whilst plugged in.

Indeed the issue was the connection between the ribbon and the main board. I fixed it and all RC buttons and leds work. But when I launch DJI app it says "RC not connected to mobile device". I used DJI Assistant to refresh the newest firmware to RC but it didn't fix the problem.
So DJI Assistant sees the RC when plugged in but DJI Fly doesn't recognize the it.
I ran out of ideas. Is there anything I could try to fix this?

Indeed the issue was the connection between the ribbon and the main board. I fixed it and all RC buttons and leds work. But when I launch DJI app it says "RC not connected to mobile device". I used DJI Assistant to refresh the newest firmware to RC but it didn't fix the problem.
So DJI Assistant sees the RC when plugged in but DJI Fly doesn't recognize the it.
I ran out of ideas. Is there anything I could try to fix this?
You may need to re-link your controller to the mini. Check the owners manual on the steps to like the two.

According to the manual the RC should beep after pressing the power button for 4 seconds, which indicates entering the linking mode. It doesn't beep and it doesn't link to the drone which is in linking mode.
Looks like I need to buy a new RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman