DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller version A or B, what's the difference?

Well now these photos bring up an interesting question . . . is my FAA Number required on the RC? I thought it was only for the outside of the bird.

FAA number is not required on the RC. I had a lot of stickers with my FAA number and put some on my RC.

Well now these photos bring up an interesting question . . . is my FAA Number required on the RC? I thought it was only for the outside of the bird.

No It's not required but I have everything even my hard cases marked.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
So now that we've proven to some doubters that there is an A and B version of the M2 RC, the question remains what's the difference? It has to be something that causes the BT-300 fits.
You may get some clues comparing the FCC test results for both (I haven’t looked at them side by side). What we do know with some confidence is that the BT- 300s don’t work with the 2 version, at least not reliably. There have also been reports of incompatibility with other android devices. It might be android hardware or OS.

The observation both models appear to run the same firmware tells us nothing about a potential hardware difference. The M2P and Z run the same firmware but have different cameras- it is a trivial exercise to include different modules for hardware variations in one firmware flash file.

Exactly. Not just a software difference.

I'm thinking some hardware difference to be compatible with Enterprise, but backwards compatible with Zoom/Pro.

Exactly. Not just a software difference.

I'm thinking some hardware difference to be compatible with Enterprise, but backwards compatible with Zoom/Pro.
What I did find interesting is the test setup for the 2 version for the FCC submissions included an iPhone as the display device. I wonder to what extent it was tested with an android phone/tablet during development? I don’t think we can rule out that the compatibility problems could be addressed with a firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS