DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller

leighboys

Reactions
How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy S6 from draining the battery on my Mavic Pro controller

Unfortunately, this seems to happen with Android devices. I guess the answer is, make sure you fully charge your S6 before you fly.
There has been mention of an app that will stop the controller seeing the S7 as a USB charging block, but it's been said that you'll need to root your S7 to run it ...
This has come up before, so do some searching on the forums & you may find your answer ...

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Tho' - I believe that this problem doesn't occur if you use a cable from your S7 USB port, to the USB 2.0 connection point underneath the front panel of the controller. But if you do this, remember to remove the standard cable that goes into the mini-USB connector in the side of the controller. You should be able to test this using the standard USB charging cable you got with the S7 - and if that works better, then purchase a short cable to use permanently.

That is not correct, phones charge just the same on both ports. That's just standard android behavior, the port doesn't change anything and has no "power" to make it any different.

Reactions: DuffMog
That is not correct, phones charge just the same on both ports. That's just standard android behavior, the port doesn't change anything and has no "power" to make it any different.
Sorry - I thought I'd read that somewhere ... Could have been an easy way out .... D**n!

Just tried my S9+ on the Sub port on controller Mav 2 pro still charges phone

I have been there and struggled with at on my S7. Rapid RC battery drain ;( There is no solution, but you can run with a battery pack plugged in to the controller as I tried but I think it had a detrimental effect on the RC battery. I switched to an iPad Mini 4 and all is well as they don't draw a charge out and you can easily fly 5 or 6 batteries on one RC charge.

I have been there and struggled with at on my S7. Rapid RC battery drain ;( There is no solution, but you can run with a battery pack plugged in to the controller as I tried but I think it had a detrimental effect on the RC battery. I switched to an iPad Mini 4 and all is well as they don't draw a charge out and you can easily fly 5 or 6 batteries on one RC charge.
I think my only option is to go for an I phone system to make things easier only thing is purchased S9+ 6 months ago specifcally to use with my pro 2 Hey ho its only money!

Search CL for used iPhone.....I got got 1 a iPhone 6S + for a decent $$,no SIM of course.

I think my only option is to go for an I phone system to make things easier only thing is purchased S9+ 6 months ago specifcally to use with my pro 2 Hey ho its only money!
I did the same, bought the S7 to do double duty. soon learned the Mavic and Software seem to be engineered around Apple, but the aggravation of battery drain and small screen made the switch to iPad Mini well worthwhile. I used to have the odd unexplained disconnect and an RC that would deplete rapidly and cause heart palpations. All good now and I can fly with confidence. Only one unexplained issue which I may get around to posting some day. ;)

How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy S6 from draining the battery on my Mavic Pro controller
The easiest way is to cut either the return or the power line on/in the usb cable your using.
I forget which ones are the power and return, It's the two outside lines I believe, and the two inner lines are the data. google can confirm this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405