DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Converting from Premiere Pro to DaVinci resolve

Whites and blacks would be sliders under Lift (Blacks) and Gain (Whites) primary wheels.
There are a couple of ways to adjust exposure in Resolve. My favorite way to do it is to add a point in the middle of a curve and drag it up or down to brighten or darken. You can also use the slider under the Gamma wheel or under the Offset Wheel if you prefer not to use curves.
There's a setting called "Color boost" that does something that's probably similar to vibrance. You can also use the Saturation vs Saturation curve (5th one in curves panel) to only boost the saturation of more highly saturated colors.
As far as faded film, I'm not exactly sure what it does in PP, (I don't use PP) so I'm not sure if there's a single setting that would exactly replicate it.

Here's a screenshot showing where those are.
View attachment 137325
While I agree with the techniques that you are suggesting may I add one thing that I think is extremely helpful and should be added to the above advice. The "PARADE" display (bottom right of image below) I find essential in knowing where the color tones and densities lie within each image and I find this not only helpful but essential in getting consistent results. Note that the parade below shows me that I might have more room for expanding the darker tones perhaps toward a black point and possibly expanding mid-tones too. JMO

1639072995729.png

Reactions: WildDoktor
While I agree with the techniques that you are suggesting may I add one thing that I think is extremely helpful and should be added to the above advice. The "PARADE" display (bottom right of image below) I find essential in knowing where the color tones and densities lie within each image and I find this not only helpful but essential in getting consistent results. Note that the parade below shows me that I might have more room for expanding the darker tones perhaps toward a black point and possibly expanding mid-tones too. JMO

View attachment 139883
Can't live without the parade view; I have it up on a 2nd monitor. ("I don't edit much, but when I do, I use the Parade Monitor view!")

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan