DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Convince me of which one to buy...please

OK, so it seems that the biggest advantages of the Air 2S are a better camera (but only slightly it seems?) and generally better stability in a windy situation.

I know I can get the RC upgrade for the Air 2S but then that adds that $$ to the mix (yeah, I know I said take money out of the equation but I should have been more precise and said "...initial cost...").

With the M3P the camera is almost as good, it's smaller, lighter, quieter, has longer flight time, with less potential flight restrictions, has a better controller OOB (although possibly less range).

All that said I really think I should stick with my initial leaning and go with the Mini 3 Pro.

Or, heck, really PO the wife and just buy both...☠️

yeah, probably not. 😆

But I can see myself possibly going all in at some point and then I can revisit my second choice then.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
I see some have had range issues with the M3P but I haven't. Be sure to be lite on the sticks until you become accustomed to your orientation of the drone position, it can be touchy and check you height and distance often. I would recommend flying VLOS as required by the rules to hone your flight skills, low and slow as someone said on this site, lol. Watch for wires and tree branches as well. Good luck and let us know what you think. One final suggestion, I purchased a 3rd party gimbal cover for the M3P that makes putting the drone away so much easier. I never liked the one it comes with because it's a pain to use. You might want to purchase the refresh option as well for insurance before activating if you want the option.

Last edited:
Reactions: finity
Get the newest and best technology you can afford. The newest technology will likely have the longest useful life cycle.
Last year's technology is already old.

I like the Mini 3 Pro, my choice because of weight, loudness and you still get great video and picture quality. It brings less attention to all the Karens and want a be drone police in the public.

Lots of good feedback here!

One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is VLOS. You will loose Visual Line of Sight much sooner with the Mini 3 as it is much smaller and quieter making it harder to locate in the sky especially when you look down at your controller for a moment and try to re-acquire its location in the sky. With a larger drone like the Air 2S you won't have this problem until the drone is much further away from you. This is one of the things I was really surprised at when I got my Mini 3 Pro. I have a Spark which is also a tiny drone but I don't have this problem with it as much because it is much easier to see and is louder.

For some flyers VLOS may not be a factor but for me knowing where my drone is and what is around it at all times is important to me because I have had a number of situations when I have been surprised by manned aircraft in the areas I have been flying (all legal places to fly).

Chris

Reactions: Dbez1
I have the opportunity to get an Air 2S. But it has an N1 controller.

I'm leaning heavily toward buying an Mini 3 Pro with an RC controller instead.

One or the other will be my first and only drone for at least a while which means I've never even flown my first drone yet. So I have zero experience.

Taking cost completely out of the equation and just considering the OOB experience for each one which one would you recommend and why?

Camera performance, size considerations, weight, stability, ease of use (along with anything else I haven't even thought about) are valid points,

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Mini3 Pro no doubt. Slightly better image quality, smaller form factor better battery life (using extended batteries) and newer technology. Why buy an obsolete model?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50