DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cops say drone operator hampered CHP chopper rescue in Pacifica

Wombat55

Reactions
"Cops say drone operator hampered CHP chopper rescue in Pacifica"

Saw this title in the local news recently. It's idiots like these who give drone owners a bad name. Seriously, a guy flying his drone near a CHP helicopter in while it was rescuing a man who had fallen off an oceanside cliff at around 10pm at night? The CHP helicopter had to veer off and suspend its rescue operation because of this guy's irresponsibility.

The guy must have been flying his drone pretty close to the CHP helicopter in order for the drone to have been seen in the darkness or heard above the sound of the CHP helicopter. You would think that anyone, especially someone who is 55 years old, would know better. Let's be good citizens and not do foolish things with our drones.

"Drones have interfered with emergency response efforts in dozens of fires in recent years, including one at Sharp Park in Pacifica in July 2015. Drones have become such a problem, the U.S. Forest Service officials launched an awareness campaign urging people to keep drones grounded near fires, warning hobbyists, “if you fly, we can’t.”"

Cops say drone operator hampered CHP chopper rescue in Pacifica

Would be interesting to see if real aircraft could transmit a csc command to a shirt space around it. So as it flys drones drop

My worry would be a helicopter with spinning blades coming down more than a drone.
Don't get me wrong I don't think they ever would. Although numerous police forces are looking into drone jamming tech.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming