DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corfe Castle, England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Vid.

Nice footage, but isn’t Corfe Castle owned by the National Trust. It is also located within close proximity of the Swanage Railway.
Where did you take off from and whose permission did you seek?
Are you a commercial pilot or a hobbyist?
I’m interested to know, as I have recently undertaken my PfCO.

Found this online.

Yes the NT are militant about protecting their ‘IP’. Beautiful footage - just be careful!

I rather resent that accusation. I don't know how you reached that conclusion. I believe in safety when flying. My other thread details the steps I have taken to get my SFOC to fly in Canada on my upcoming trip, and I plan to take the PFCO over the winter.

The reason I deleted it is because I can see one of those interminable frame-by frame arguments that occur on forums.

But to give you information:-

I live nearby and know the area well. I did an assessment before I flew taking note of the opening times of the castle, and the railway. I know the area is quiet early on a weekend morning - even in the summer. Therefore picked that time of day.

I did not fly over the railway line at any point, nor the A road that goes under the castle. Nor was it me that buzzed the railway - I abhor that behaviour too. So drawing the conclusion you did I find offensive.

I did not take off from NT property, or land on it either. The flight was over fields and close ups were achieved by the use of the zoom function, and cropped even further with Premiere Pro in post. Yes, I may have flown over the grounds, but the height exceeded 50M and as I said earlier, I purposely chose a time when the place was shut and few people would be about. The vast majority of filming was done outside the castle.

I don't want to see ancient monuments being hit by idiots flying badly. I have enough experience with using the M2Z and previous drones to be able to be able to know WHY you keep away, and how to get safe close ups. Hence buying a M2Z in the first place and learning Premiere Pro.

The NT do not own the view - if they want to control who takes pictures they need to erect a 200 foot high scaffold on the walls to make sure people don't see it without paying.

Yes the NT are militant about protecting their ‘IP’. Beautiful footage - just be careful!

Perfectly legal to fly over their property. He can't stand on it to operate the drone but even then all they can do is ask him to leave the premises.
Doesn't need any permission at all from them to do so provided the ANO is followed.

Being the video is down this isn't going to go any further .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12