DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corrective lenses

Palindrone

Reactions
Bought my goggles a few days ago. First thoughts: adds a whole new dimension to flying. No longer afraid to go between trees and around obstacles, even though I use an iPad mini, I was hesitant to do that. Love the telemetry and info being right on the screen. Had no problem syncing with the mavic, or subsequent times I’ve used it. I bought cheap readers because I wear glasses, but I would invest in the corrective inserts if I knew they were good. Does anyone use them? And do they work? I think they’re called focus- fixers. Any comments would be appreciated.

Reactions: Cometman
I had the same question for myselves and since I use progressive glasses I cannot use them into my goggles. I then bought cheep glasses with fixed strength for my eyes. Just to let you know if you use progressive glasses.

I purchased DJI's corrective lenses, they work fine and were less expensive than the third party product you mentioned.

Whichever you choose, do follow the instructions on magnification selection, I believe you need to pick +1 stronger than you would user for reading glasses, but my recollection is a little vague on that.

Reactions: Palindrone
I purchased DJI's corrective lenses, they work fine and were less expensive than the third party product you mentioned.

Whichever you choose, do follow the instructions on magnification selection, I believe you need to pick +1 stronger than you would user for reading glasses, but my recollection is a little vague on that.
Thank you for your reply. Funny, didn’t even realize DJI had their own. I did read that you needed +1 stronger. Another thing I was wondering, iMy eyes aren’t exactly the same, my left eye is weaker. I was wondering if I should find out from my eye doctor what my prescription is. The readers I bought 2.50 , so I would need 3.50? Also, on a side note, I hooked up roku to them , lay in bed and watch movies. Pretty cool! I thought they would be uncomfortable laying on the head band, but it’s not.

FWIW, I took my DJI Goggles to a drugstore and tried various reading glasses magnifications with them. As an expedient solution, actually bought a cheap pair ($10 buy one get one free), snipped off the side and nose pieces, and affixed just those lenses over the DJI Goggles eyepieces. That worked pretty well, but they weren't 100% comfortable, and my eyelashes were touching the upper corners and making them oily.

Hence, I ordered the DJI lenses in that same magnification, and have been happy ever since.

FWIW, I took my DJI Goggles to a drugstore and tried various reading glasses magnifications with them. As an expedient solution, actually bought a cheap pair ($10 buy one get one free), snipped off the side and nose pieces, and affixed just those lenses over the DJI Goggles eyepieces. That worked pretty well, but they weren't 100% comfortable, and my eyelashes were touching the upper corners and making them oily.

Hence, I ordered the DJI lenses in that same magnification, and have been happy ever since.
Well, I ordered them from the DJI store. They were 29$, but 15 $ shipping! I’m used to amazon,. I looked there first, but they didn’t have my magnification. So, hoping they work. I have the same problem with the cheap magnifiers, they end end up touching my face and getting blurry, so it’d be nice to just eliminate them altogether. I also ordered anti fogging spray, if it’s hot they fog up a little

Reactions: KeithLa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan