DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corrupt File

Mavic-Fuli

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I was on vacation and did some drone footage but once I got back to my computer and tried viewing it, it said quicktimes could not play it.

I did some research and it looks like my files are corrupt, has anyone else experienced this and had success fixing it?

I tried putting the card back in and turning the drone on but no dice, it didnt work.

I also used the DJI Fix app, but for some reason when i put in the prompt into Terminal( mac user ) iit say " zsh : permission denied "

any help would b e appreciated.

Thanks.

It sounds like you didn't manually stop the video recording before you turned off the drone... If you turn the drone off while it's recording, the file doesn't get closed properly and it can't be played.

(As a side note, I have a DJI Phantom 4. If I power it down while recording, the drone properly closes the video file as part of the shutdown sequence. I don't know why they couldn't do this with the Mavic).

You can save the last video you took by putting it back in the drone, but I don't think you can fix previous ones.

On your zshell problem.. I;m not a Mac user, but if you Google for "Mac Zsh permission denied" you'll find a bunch of solutions...

Hey Guys,

I was on vacation and did some drone footage but once I got back to my computer and tried viewing it, it said quicktimes could not play it.

I did some research and it looks like my files are corrupt, has anyone else experienced this and had success fixing it?

I tried putting the card back in and turning the drone on but no dice, it didnt work.

I also used the DJI Fix app, but for some reason when i put in the prompt into Terminal( mac user ) iit say " zsh : permission denied "

any help would b e appreciated.

Thanks.
Had this happen once about 6 months ago, after no problems with the same card or my M2P previously and no settings changed... files wouldn’t open from a proven good SD card... tried all sorts of recovery programs, including on from Sandisk... nothing worked. Lost 90 minutes of film. Fortunately, it has never reoccurred after that time.

If you're on a Windows PC, you could try a free tool called Recover_MP4. It requires some knowledge of the command prompt, but there are a lot of guides how to use it - just Google around.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3