DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costco deal on Mini 2

Costco is offering a Mini 2 bundle that includes a case, 32GB micro SD card, and an extra battery for $439.99 with free shipping. Not a bad deal if you are looking for a Mini 2 and are a Costco member. Looks like it arrives in less than a week. Note: this is a US based offer.

View attachment 128655
This drone is a huge regret for me. Many of us bought it anticipating the sdk so it has the useful features that even cheap drones have. Don't buy until they release it.

This drone is a huge regret for me. Many of us bought it anticipating the sdk so it has the useful features that even cheap drones have. Don't buy until they release it.
You bought it based on vaporware which didn't pan out so that is really on you. But to suggest "don't buy...until release" is silly based solely on your desire for sdk as not all Mini 2 consumers see this as a deal breaker.

You bought it based on vaporware which didn't pan out so that is really on you. But to suggest "don't buy...until release" is silly based solely on your desire for sdk as not all Mini 2 consumers see this as a deal breaker.
Cliche response. Get over yourself, sound like such a gatekeeper. If what you say is true and logical, there wouldn't have been an sdk released with the mini 1.

I bet on the sdk when making my decision, true. Based on all available data, they should have released it or will soon. Now rumors they may never. If so it's a pretty low ploy to squeeze more money out of consumers and we won't forget. There's literally no reason not to release it other than that.

They have competitors that have at this moment gotten on par with them, which also don't have the BS flight restrictions built in. Other than Occusync 2, I see no reason to go with DJI drones in this class. I'm just saying they are making it worth it to go with something else.

I have every right to advise this guy based on what I would do right now in his shoes.

Cliche response. Get over yourself, sound like such a gatekeeper. If what you say is true and logical, there wouldn't have been an sdk released with the mini 1.

I bet on the sdk when making my decision, true. Based on all available data, they should have released it or will soon. Now rumors they may never. If so it's a pretty low ploy to squeeze more money out of consumers and we won't forget. There's literally no reason not to release it other than that.

They have competitors that have at this moment gotten on par with them, which also don't have the BS flight restrictions built in. Other than Occusync 2, I see no reason to go with DJI drones in this class. I'm just saying they are making it worth it to go with something else.

I have every right to advise this guy based on what I would do right now in his shoes.
SDK's are never available at release, and are made available once they have been created by DJI, which is a much lower priority than bug fixes and feature embellishments in the DJI apps for each new drone model. 3rd party developers also need time to update their 3rd party apps to be compatible with any newly released SDK, and it is in their discretion whether to do so. It's a lengthy process, which does not devalue the usability of the aircraft in the mean time. SDK availability is an eventual bonus. Patience, grasshopper.

SDK's are never available at release, and are made available once they have been created by DJI, which is a much lower priority than bug fixes and feature embellishments in the DJI apps for each new drone model. 3rd party developers also need time to update their 3rd party apps to be compatible with any newly released SDK, and it is in their discretion whether to do so. It's a lengthy process, which does not devalue the usability of the aircraft in the mean time. SDK availability is an eventual bonus. Patience, grasshopper.
Thanks brother, I'm holding on!

Thanks brother, I'm holding on!
I'm curious. Which 3rd party app, and which prospective SDK features are you holding out for on the Mini 2 that the native Fly app itself doesn't already or won't eventually support? Having flown DJI drones since 2016, there are very few things that can't be done in the native DJI apps and through manual control, with the exception of completely autonomous flight with LSMC. I also own the Mini 2 and don't find anything lacking in the Fly app. Since DJI creates the SDK, third party apps can only support what DJI enables in the SDK. For example, it's not as though any app based upon the SDK is GEO free and has no NFZ database, or can exceed the 500m above the launch point elevation.

native Fly app itself doesn't already or won't eventually support?

It would be nice to see features like follow or missions for the Mini 2, whether or not they are provided by DJI or a third party app, such as Litchi.
I do not think these functions are limited by a provided SDK, as the app can possibly take over stick manipulation from the pilot, and make its own calculations based on app provided algorithms, phone/tablet provided GPS/compass data, and Mini 2 provided GPS and compass data. This is just speculation. Certainly not as good as if the number crunching was taking place on the Mini 2 itself, and not truly autonomous. Loss of device connection or app crash and the additional feature(follow, mission, etc) fails.
I assume the third party app could not override parts of the SDK like GPS zones limits, low power RTH, etc, but my interests do not include wanting to get around those.
Of course I love the Mini 2 as is, knew its capabilities and features before purchase, no regrets. However, additional features are always welcome, can't hurt.
More options are almost always a plus and a value add.

Last edited:
I screwed up... I wrote $400 for the Mini 2 cost and it's $450. Sorry. So here are the revised calculations.

But to reiterate the Mini 1 FMC deal $500 with more stuff was a better deal. Obviously DJI still thinks the extra $100 cost for the Mini 2 FMC is still valued as they're selling a ton of them with probably $100 more margin per unit.

Mini 2 ala carte-$450
2 extra batteries- $90 @$45 each
Charging hub - $26- $42 depending on your choice. I figured $37 for the DJI bank.
Extra props- $18
Hard Case with custom cutouts- $35
Above ala carte package total: $620 before tax

Costco package plus extra battery, charging hub, extra props and hard case $574

Mini 2 w/FMC $600 (SD card not included in FMC )

Just for reference if anyone is interested, the hard case I used in my example was this one from Amazon...
Mini 2 hard case
I found a deal at adorama camera. The fly more plus 128G SD card for $600. Think I'm gonna order one.

Picked up a Mini 2 from Costco - seems like a reasonable deal. However the lack of a separate charger is a sorely missed so I decided to get one from Amazon. It has the sam eprice as DJI's multi charger but includes a digital readout of battery voltage and charging current. I already have a Mavic Pro and the Mini is quite impressive considering how much less it costs than the original Mavic.

Looks like they just dropped their price (this weekend only):

View attachment 133839
Not a bad starting price. They include a case and a card. Only $100 more than the SE price. For comparative purposes, add 2 batteries @ $54 each and you're at $507. But then you add in the charger, spare propellers and the deal gets closer to retail price of the FMC kit.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Not a bad starting price. They include a case and a card. Only $100 more than the SE price. For comparative purposes, add 2 batteries @ $54 each and you're at $507. But then you add in the charger, spare propellers and the deal gets closer to retail price of the FMC kit.
The Mini 2 does 4K, the Mini SE does not.. that might be a deciding factor. So the Costco bundle is a good deal. Sure, once you start tossing in the other accessories in a Fly More, you can ding the savings some.. however there are items in the Fly more rarely touched or used for some.

Reactions: MavicPeter
The Mini 2 does 4K, the Mini SE does not.. that might be a deciding factor. So the Costco bundle is a good deal. Sure, once you start tossing in the other accessories in a Fly More, you can ding the savings some.. however there are items in the Fly more rarely touched or used for some.
Yeah, for me it would have been the Ocusync. I have not had any issue with the connectivity so far, which is a good thing :)

Yeah, for me it would have been the Ocusync. I have not had any issue with the connectivity so far, which is a good thing :)
Forgot about that one, that's also a big plus for the Mini 2 over the SE....

The little notice in the corner says Mini SE for $299. Of course that isn't the fly more combo.

In my club yesterday (Apex, NC) there was a $40 instant rebate, so I was out the door for $400 + tax. Made me take the leap (my first, wow this learning curve is steep).

Reactions: MavicPeter
In my club yesterday (Apex, NC) there was a $40 instant rebate, so I was out the door for $400 + tax. Made me take the leap (my first, wow this learning curve is steep).
Congratulations! That was a super deal, perfect timing.

Last night, Came so close to completing the same purchase. At the last moment, Costco checkout counter chickened out and didn’t finish the transaction. Boy, it was tough to pull myself away from this deal.

I’ve owned a couple of Mini 1 models, and currently have larger models (Evo 2 Pro with SmartController and Mavic 2 Pro). I’ll wait and see what’s coming in the future with 250 gram or less models, I surely want one with great transmission signal and long flight time.

Congrats again getting the Mini 2 and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I also recently bought the Mini 2 deal from Costco. $400 for the Mini 2, two batteries, and the bag is a great deal. I would however get a bigger SD card - 32 GB is a little small when shooting in 4K.

Congrats and welcome! I wasn't thrilled with the case that came with it as it sorta leaves the Mini 2 on the outside with only a thin clear plastic pocket to protect it. I purchased the following on Amazon for only $22 and have been happy with it.

1629814906739.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio