DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn’t even give away my Mavic Mini, now it’s officially setup for RC warbird flying

I’ve seen FPV feed from RC planes the stripes don‘t brother me
They're fine when confined to a part of the field of view, but when it covers your entire view all you get is a blinking mess you can't see anything through.
Coupled with the fact that the lens FOV is way too narrow to have decent situational awareness and that any small movement of the plane will "scroll" your view so much it's not going to be easy.

will not have latency in this area. I’ve flown the mini nearby and it was great, fortunately that will not be an issue.
The Mini flies itself, a little latency isn't noticeable. When YOU have to be in full control manually it's a whole other story.

But...
I hope not especially the mini gimbal should take care of this.
I had not noticed you had intended to leave the gimbal operational, then you've got absolutely no chance of being able to fly FPV with that. To be able to fly FPV manually you have to see what you're doing as you pitch up/down, roll etc and see the effect on the aircraft in real time.
With the gimbal active it will cancel out all of what the aircraft is doing, you can go from having your plane in a 30° left bank to a 30° right bank and all you'll see all the way is a flat horizon without any idea of the plane's attitude... you'll just crash straight away if you don't disconnect/lock the gimbal.

Anyway I guess it's good if you do your own experimentation, but just know that if you have a terrible experience it's not because that's what FPV is, just that the equipment is woefully inadequate :)
And have someone fly the plane while you look at the image to figure out the problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan