DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple Battery/Power/Charging Questions

CookieTheArch

Reactions
Hey everyone! Been a little while since I've been able get in here and roll around. I did a quick search, but I'm not coming up with the answers I need so I'm hoping people can help me out. I'm prepping for my field season now, which my drone will be flying much more than it has so far in it's life. I'm also essentially going to be camping for about 2 weeks on end. So with that bacground, here are the 3 things for this thread. (Any product I mention has a link, so feel free to click and see what I'm looking at).

1. I am in the market for at least another battery or two. Amazon lists 3 options: there's the off-brand (Powerextra 2-pack), the standard Mavic Pro battery (DJI Mavic Battery) and the DJI Platinum battery (Platinum). What would people recommend? What are the actual differences in flight times?

2. Chargers: if I'm going to have multple batteries, I want a multiple battery charger. I'll be in Peru, so no grounding anywhere and 220v outlets. I'm seeing a few options: Powerextra, Fstop Labs (Hub and "Blue guy"), Smatree. I was reading about grounding problems on the Fstop "Blue Guy" (as I call it). Can anyone weigh in?I just want to get the best charger I can, mainly keeping in mind that I don't want to mess up my batteries.

3. Backcountry charging. I saw another thread from about a month ago talking about backcountry chargers, but didn't have any solid resolution. So two part question: has anyone found a solar panel that will definitively charge Mavic batteries? (I can't afford the GoalZero "car battery"). And second: thoughts/reviews of the Energen DroneMax M10?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help, as always!

Don't get aftermarket batteries as DJI can make them null and void with firmware updates. As for the chargers, I'll let someone else answer as I have only charged with OEM chargers on US voltage.

Reactions: CookieTheArch
I have a powerextra battery and it does ok unless I'm in sport then I will get a over current so I have to temper the sticks some. I'll be buying DJI from here on out.

BCC15265-8C0F-4674-BECF-8BF7281EBF68.jpeg Do not run aftermarket batteries. As far as Chargers go this is what I have whether it helped you or not. I can charge three batteries and my RC in 1 hour. I have the same one for my expired they were great.

View attachment 34628 Do not run aftermarket batteries. As far as Chargers go this is what I have whether it helped you or not. I can charge three batteries and my RC in 1 hour. I have the same one for my expired they were great.
I got the same charger and there well cool and safe as for the batteries stay with the legit ones you smash up with a different battery your voiding your warranty

If you want to pay more for silver batteries, go right ahead. Otherwise, just go with the standard.

The aftermarket battery chargers ("blue" charger) are fine. FStop is also an approved merchant on this forum. Since the frame is metal it's recommended that the case be ground to the plug and you use a 3 prong plug is not included. It's unlikely that this would be an issue but it's recommended.

As far as backcountry charging, I'd simply buy 2 more batteries and save on space and weight.

If you want to pay more for silver batteries, go right ahead. Otherwise, just go with the standard.

The aftermarket battery chargers ("blue" charger) are fine. FStop is also an approved merchant on this forum. Since the frame is metal it's recommended that the case be ground to the plug and you use a 3 prong plug is not included. It's unlikely that this would be an issue but it's recommended.

As far as backcountry charging, I'd simply buy 2 more batteries and save on space and weight.

Thanks for the tips. I was just curious if the Platinum batteries had any improved flight time. Even a few extra minutes could be helpful, but if they have the same run-time as standard then there's no point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne