DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Course lock for Mavic 2 Pro

bsun357

Reactions
My DJI Phantom 4 had a program called Course Lock which was excellent. With my new Magic 2 Pro I want to do the following (not using video mode):
1. Fly in a designated direction while the camera is pointing 90 degrees to the right in picture/still image mode.
2. Return along the same route with the "right stick" only so that the camera remains at the 90 degree angle allowing me to take overlapping still images.
Can anyone recommend a way to do this with my Magic 2 Pro?
Mahalo from Hawaii.

I've no doubt that a Magic 2 could do that quite effortlessly, but with the less capable Mavic 2 that doesn't have a course lock mode, the best solution may be a Litchi mission.
I don't think you even need a mission. Litchi still has Course Lock, I believe.

Litchi has both course lock and home lock. At least my Android version does.

Could the OP possibly use waypoints in the GO 4 app with a customized camera angle and take pictures manually?

Edit: I just thought about something. Is that camera angle just for POI during a waypoint mission? I can't remember.

Last edited:
Try Tap Fly with Course Lock 'Free' mode and you've got it. You can choose backwards, forwards and every which way but loose. Works great and allows you to adjust parameters like speed, camera direction, altitude, etc. Great mode, try it you'll like it!

Reactions: 4wd and PAW
Try Tap Fly with Course Lock 'Free' mode and you've got it. You can choose backwards, forwards and every which way but loose. Works great and allows you to adjust parameters like speed, camera direction, altitude, etc. Great mode, try it you'll like it!

On litchi?

Tap Fly won't allow you to reverse direction by simply pulling the right stick back like true Course Lock will. So Tap Fly is not Course Lock in disguise.

A little long-winded comparison of Tap Fly Free to Course Lock

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000