DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Course Lock

ballerhe75

Reactions
True or false: when flying forward in Course Lock, slight movement of the right stick to the left or right will not make the drone deviate from a straight course?

The reason for the question is that during CL and I yaw the drone to an object the drone is passing, I get lateral movement, due to my current skill sets.

I have seen videos where the flight is straight as an arrow. Maybe they are very good, or I need much more practice.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

True or false: when flying forward in Course Lock, slight movement of the right stick to the left or right will not make the drone deviate from a straight course?

The reason for the question is that during CL and I yaw the drone to an object the drone is passing, I get lateral movement, due to my current skill sets.

I have seen videos where the flight is straight as an arrow. Maybe they are very good, or I need much more practice.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill
Maybe it can depend on the stick curve you set for the RC settings in the Go4 app.
You can make it more or less sensitive to small stick input. It can be set to hard, responding straight to any stick input or more soft so you have fine control when stick input are small.
There are the EXP settings in advanced settings. Bellow are some sample for soft, neutral or hard setting of yaw control. Not sure if it would be possible to fly with the hard setting.
Same apply to the other directions.
smooth for pano.png neutral-default.png very agressive (too).png
You can also check if your gain are correct.
My 0.02$

Maybe it can depend on the stick curve you set for the RC settings in the Go4 app.
You can make it more or less sensitive to small stick input. It can be set to hard, responding straight to any stick input or more soft so you have fine control when stick input are small.
There are the EXP settings in advanced settings. Bellow are some sample for soft, neutral or hard setting of yaw control. Not sure if it would be possible to fly with the hard setting.
Same apply to the other directions.
View attachment 40914 View attachment 40915 View attachment 40916
You can also check if your gain are correct.
My 0.02$

But, isn’t the drone suppose to fly a straight course?

False. Small L/R movements will cause lateral movement, perpendicular to the course lock heading.

If you want to go back and forth in a straight line from the HP just use the right stick up/down and not left/right--or increase expo if you are doing it inadvertently, as already stated.

Mike

But, isn’t the drone suppose to fly a straight course?
See above post.
Course lock don't mean straight but one stick control forward-backward / left-right in an horizontal plane and the other stick control the camera gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford