thanks

Posting to subscribe to thread

Reactions: Odom1957
Yes, second page of flight modes.
Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-22-17.png
Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-22-26.png
You need also to enable intelligent flight modes
Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-22-52.png

Its a very underrated feature that the Mavic Pro can use. Its great for getting profile shots of a point of interest allowing one to fly in a forward straight line next to the object while pitching the camera at the object.

thanks all, very helpful - reading numerous reviews before I decide, I notice some refer to the Mavic Pro as not for beginners whilst others say that if I want I want to progress my flying skills to say racing drones (not for me) then the Mavic is not the quadcopter to start with as it's so easy to fly

All the proper DJI drones fly themselves. You simply tell them where to go. No piloting skills needed.
None will be any use at all if you want to transition to manual control racing drones.

thanks again - being a smaller drone, can the wind be much of a problem ?

thanks again - being a smaller drone, can the wind be much of a problem ?

Nope, not really, just chews more battery, but it stays still in the wind, unlike the small racing drones and toys... allow more battery time to return home in the wind

So once you do that then what, is there some sort of pin you pin on the screen to tell it to fly from point to point?
It's locked to the current heading. If the nose is facing N when course lock is activated pushing up on the pitch stick will move the AC north, down moves it south, right east, and left west. Rudder input doesn't change that.

Mike

Gotcha, thanks

So I was considering getting the Litchi app and it seems they have map pins to pre select a set course. Does the Go4 app I am currently using have such a feature? I’m not finding it and thought this thread was about that subject.

Gotcha, thanks

So I was considering getting the Litchi app and it seems they have map pins to pre select a set course. Does the Go4 app I am currently using have such a feature? I’m not finding it and thought this thread was about that subject.
Go4 has waypoints, which is probably better than course lock if you want to simply go from point a to point b while manually using rudder and gimbal pitch to control camera (no lateral movement). But you have to fly to each waypoint in Go4 before setting it.

Litchi takes it much further, by allowing pre-flight mission planning, including camera orientation.

Mike

Waypoints are great if you invest the time to set them up. Either by flying the course within the DJIGO4 app and clicking the bottom C1 button to mark them or by creating them within Lichti using the online hub from the comfort of your computer chair.

For times that you find a spot to fly Course Lock can be clicked into with less work to fly a straight course from where you take off all the way out to where signal disconnects to the Mavic and it begins to return home automatically. So imagine a straight line that stretches from your home point all the way out to signal disconnect. You can rotate the camera to any angle while flying this straight line independently.

All the proper DJI drones fly themselves. You simply tell them where to go. No piloting skills needed.
None will be any use at all if you want to transition to manual control racing drones.

This is exactly what I tell everyone who is hesitant about learning on a $1000 drone. Hell, you don't even have to take off or land the sucker, just hit a button...lol

For times that you find a spot to fly Course Lock can be clicked into with less work to fly a straight course from where you take off all the way out to where signal disconnects to the Mavic and it begins to return home automatically. So imagine a straight line that stretches from your home point all the way out to signal disconnect. You can rotate the camera to any angle while flying this straight line independently.

If you run into the "go home" battery level, will it automatically turn around and head home? Also, can you set the speed of course lock like you can with waypoint mode?

Wait the time it turns to ATTI mode because of a compass error or lack of GPS and the push-button approach is gone :)

If you run into the "go home" battery level, will it automatically turn around and head home? Also, can you set the speed of course lock like you can with waypoint mode?
Yes
It depend only on your stick action, you are the pilot. It is not a gesture mode.

I'll have to test this cause I am getting a little confused. In course lock, is the speed set by the pilot? so I couldn't just set course lock and put the controller down like in waypoint mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato