DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

covid-19 packages from china question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfredred

Reactions
maybe you guys can help ease my mind. i recently ordered a drone from DJI shipped from china. and my anxiety about covid19 is through the roof.

i let the package sit in my car for 3 days and opened it and got terrified and put it back in my car as i felt like i was going to catch covid19 from the package.

has anyone ordered a DJI drone from china in the last week or two? if so how are you feeling? im terrified of catching the virus from a chinese package.

this is no joke i may sound crazy but i have a history of bad anxiety issues and this is not helping, if anybody has some words to ease my mind please share.

thanks guyus

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
You have 1000 times more chances of contracting virus in your city and around you, when you get groceries/food/amazon packages than from the DJI package. Just sanitize the outer wrap. Thats all you need to do. Dont leave the package in hot scorching sun, the lithium batteries might explode in overheat

well i opened the outer wrap without wiping it first, but i didn't touch the box for about 3 days after i received it so i thought it would be okay, i wasnt thinking. i washed my hands about 3 times after i ripped the plastic off and handled the box.

im just very terrified with my anxiety and the news and everything has done a great job of getting in my head and giving me crazy thoughts about the virus.

but no i didnt wipe the plastic before i touched it but i let it sit for 3 days. i washed my hands im just very scared.

• Wow
my anxiety is about the virus though, not actually flying and operating the drone. it's about receiving a package from china (main headquarters of the virus) during the pandemic, nothing to do with flying the thing. so your response is basically you taking a stab at a guy with anxiety, nice.

which has nothing to do with my original question. stop being a (Mod Removed language )behind a keyboard.
thank you jonatious for being a gentleman about it unlike this other guy over here

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
my anxiety is about the virus though, not actually flying and operating the drone. it's about receiving a package from china (main headquarters of the virus) during the pandemic, nothing to do with flying the thing. so your response is basically you taking a stab at a guy with anxiety, nice.

The life span on the virus on surfaces according to one search I did states
" NIH study found that the Sars-CoV-2 virus survives for longer on cardboard – up to 24 hours – and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces. "

I think you're good to go. Fly safe and enjoy.

which has nothing to do with my original question. stop being a ( Mod Removed Language )behind a keyboard.
It’s been answered that you have very little chance of getting the virus. I’m sure you know that yourself. Therefor you are asking for psychological advice with your anxiety? This isn’t the place my friend

Comment removed by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
The life span on the virus on surfaces according to one search I did states
" NIH study found that the Sars-CoV-2 virus survives for longer on cardboard – up to 24 hours – and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces. "

I think you're good to go. Fly safe and enjoy.
see thats how a gentleman answers a question. thank you good sir.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
maybe you guys can help ease my mind. i recently ordered a drone from DJI shipped from china. and my anxiety about covid19 is through the roof.
It's always a good idea to search out facts rather than worrying about imagined fears.
This is the advice from the WHO
The most important thing to know about coronavirus on surfaces is that they can easily be cleaned with common household disinfectants that will kill the virus. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.
As, always clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.

On a list of countries with the highest number of Covid infection cases, China is 17th.
Your package from China should be about the last thing you need to be worried about.
If I was you, I'd be a lot more concerned about where I was living if my country was #1

Which re-enforces what I said about aviation not being suited to you.
Thanks for visiting
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. The virus is a lot weaker than most know.. take a blow dryer and run the heat over the bag for about 5 minutes and it will kill any COVID-19 virus guaranteed bro

Guys you can continue to discuss this for the moment
but don’t expect the OP to be responding.

Just charge the thing and go fly it.You will forget your anxieties the first time it takes off!

Reactions: Bobvt
The virus its self has been claimed to last up to 7 day on hard surfaces.. in most cases much less. your parcel will have been far longer than that travelling so as the inside is dry air it is safe.. the plastic on the outside has been handled by postal workers in china and near your home and various places in between.. on plastic the virus can potentially live 2-5 day but much shorter in UV light. Therefore your parcel is as safe as a box of cereal from the shops. Currently your larger Covid-19 risks come from much nearer to home than china and the contents of the box are now safe.

Reactions: Bobvt
Considering almost everything comes from China, how are you handing other products? Do it the same way.

Considering almost everything comes from China, how are you handing other products? Do it the same way.
Welcome to the forum.
Not sure who you are asking but as I said in post 16 if it’s the
OP he’s not going to respond.?‍♂️

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members