DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid and DJI Refresh at the Texas facility

Captain Zipper

Reactions
So I sent my bird to DJI Texas, due to Covid what is the turn around time with hearing back from them as to proceeding with case?

Anyone else send a bird back to them recently?

Thanks,

Dana

Last edited:
So I sent my bird to DJI Texas, due to Covid what is the turn around time with hearing back from them as to proceeding with case?

Anyone else send a bird back to them recently?

Thanks,

Dana
I have used the Grapevine facility twice with good results. Turn around time about a week or two. They keep you up to date with the app.I wouldn't worry at all about it.

I sent my M2Z to Texas for a refresh after I stacked it into a tree and then rocks, severely damaging camera, gimbal and two of the arms. It arrived in Texas (from BC Canada) in 5 biz days and was looked at the following day from arrival. The technician who was doing my case made a mistake and sent me a repair bill with a link to pay instead of the refresh email (with link to pay) for the replacement. From then I had to repeatedly contact them every 3 days (their time policy for returning messages) via email and chat for 2.5 weeks before finally getting someone to contact the repair team directly and 10 mins later I had the correct email. It was incredibly frustrating. Their chat windows had up to a 1 hr wait time in line. After paying it took 7 biz days to get the replacement back. If the original technician had not screwed up it would have been a 2.5 week affair instead of 5 weeks.
But whatever, these things happen, glad to be flying again.

They have a serious lack of good English speakers there. I have had several situations where I simply just could not understand them. I asked for a better English speaker and got another bad English speaker. Very frustrating. I have given up on getting any support from Grapevine (Dallas) Facility. However, I was fortunate in getting my Mavic Air repaired on DJI Refresh (then sold as a "new" refurbished drone with buyers full understanding) and My mavic 2 Pro repaired on DJI Refresh. Both in a timely manner. I guess it is a crapshoot. I think they try earnestly but they just do not operate like an American company. That comment was not meant to be political. I have traveled the world wide, and find it refreshing to just be back to the old USA where everything is more efficient...and that includes Mac Donald's, our usual first meal back in the USA. It is our validation that we are back home.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
It takes several days to get there and several to get back home. Generally I've found the time in shop at around three days until you get a bill (no refresh)..then who know's what happens until you finally get a note saying the drone has been shipped. I expect that you'll be clicking on that progress page many time's.. You won't be disappointed with the results however.

I did a UPS track search and realized it took 7 days just to get to Grapevine. ??‍♂️
I heard from them, replacement bird is bringing shipped Tuesday. Replacement thru refresh ($89) was much cheaper than repairs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming