DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked Gimbal

Screw that. If this cover ever breaks apart, i'll probably just "cast" a replacement using an epoxy or something similar as a material.

Reactions: newguy
I have a small stock of most OEM DJI replacement covers for the mavic gimbal. Prices start at $12 plus shipping.

You can send it to DJI and wait 4-8 weeks to get it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reuuc and borislip
Much to my disappointment here is my crack on the Gimbal wire guard... I've racked up about 6hrs worth of flight with mine.
This has only just appeared though as I read allot about these cracks before purchasing...

I did purchase refresh however as you can see I my pic this is clearly due to over tightening like other posters have claimed. If nothing is annoucnced soon I'll be keeping an eye on mine and just sending it back in 11 months as I don't want to be paying the refresh charge for no fault of my own!

Send it back, that's a warranty item NOT a refresh item. Refresh is when you screw up, warranty is when they screw up which this would be all them.

Nope, never did, still flying it, as it is.
Found out that it is a plastic ribbon cable cover, and is not a structural part taking any load, so to speak.
Did not fancy getting somebody else’s worn out “flown to death hand me down crashed left over something”
Note to DJI ,,
WE WANT OUR OWN BIRD REPAIRED PLEASE !!!!, that’s how it should be !

Last edited:
Yep, I had the same stress crack. Decided not to send it in. As you stated it isn't anything but a cosmetic cover. Couple weeks later I had a repeating ESC error. Relatively new drone. Sent in for evaluation, they concluded it would be a Warranty repaired. With all their online tracking... Under evaluation, Diagnosis complete, Repair in progress, Item in test... bla bla bla, they sent me back a refurbished unit. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the no cost solution, but I was still bummed to get someone else's drone back. Why did I have to wait six weeks after evaluation, if I was getting a refurbished unit? Four months later it is still flying. So I guess, all is good.. Oh and the refurbished unit did not have the cracked gimbal cover, so that's a plus..

Reactions: Ceejay
Yep, I had the same stress crack. Decided not to send it in. As you stated it isn't anything but a cosmetic cover. Couple weeks later I had a repeating ESC error. Relatively new drone. Sent in for evaluation, they concluded it would be a Warranty repaired. With all their online tracking... Under evaluation, Diagnosis complete, Repair in progress, Item in test... bla bla bla, they sent me back a refurbished unit. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the no cost solution, but I was still bummed to get someone else's drone back. Why did I have to wait six weeks after evaluation, if I was getting a refurbished unit? Four months later it is still flying. So I guess, all is good.. Oh and the refurbished unit did not have the cracked gimbal cover, so that's a plus..
Blimey!, "exactly what I was saying earlier. If people are reporting cracked covers, then send them a new one in the post!, got to be cheaper than everyone sending them back for a simple cover. It's not rocket science to undo 2 screws and replace it, surely!

Nope, never did, still flying it, as it is.
Found out that it is a plastic ribbon cable cover, and is not a structural part taking any load, so to speak.
Did not fancy getting somebody else’s worn out “flown to death hand me down crashed left over something”
Note to DJI ,,
WE WANT OUR OWN BIRD REPAIRED PLEASE !!!!, that’s how it should be !
Good to know. Mine just popped up in the same place so I'm nervous. I kinda want to super glue it in there but won't for fear of voiding any potential warranty. Everything works just fine and until I have issues I can't go down for the few weeks it would take to swap things out.

I certainly don't want to end up with someone elses refurbished unit. No frigging way. Especially since mine is kept pristine, only problem is their screw!!

Thanks for the info everyone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard