DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CRASH + Fix?

Diegasmus

Reactions
I feel the piece that broke helps the gimball, but not sure it needs to be there compulsory...but it seems an easy fix, both glue or find the pience on Ebay.

But the second...how can I pop it back in place, without breaking or forcing anything? :/

21761706_10159362221740707_2106419557452163760_n.jpg

21740300_10159362221775707_1403571543391174746_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think its compulsory such small piece?
That small piece definitely needs to be there. I guess you could try gluing it, but I don't know that it'll hold. The replacement part is inexpensive and fairly easy to replace. You could potentially void parts of your warranty if you break anything while attempting to repair it. If you're worried about that, it would be best to send your Mavic to DJI or an authorized DJI repair facility.

And what about the second pic?
The clips don't appear to be damaged. It looks like it'll just snap back into place like this.

If it's broken or missing it can make the gimbal violently oscillate up and down some times they're on ebay fairly cheep but you need to disassemble the drone and gimbal mount to change it so most likely void the guarantee as the gimbal control pcb has the cables glued to it.

I feel the piece that broke helps the gimball, but not sure it needs to be there compulsory...but it seems an easy fix, both glue or find the pience on Ebay.

But the second...how can I pop it back in place, without breaking or forcing anything?

Where in the world do you live?

That piece is necessary for the correct operation of the gimbal and needs to be there. Gluing it usually doesn't work or works only for a short time.

The correct way to fix the broken piece and to pop the front back in to place, is to disassemble the Mavic, and do it from the inside.

You can try to do it yourself, but if you are in the USA and need someone to do it for you, I can help. I have repaired hundreds of them.

Dont be mislead by what others have said. It IS NOT an easy repair, especially if you dont work on drones or electronics on a daily basis. You can easily damage a more expensive part trying to do it on your own. Also, you can't just pop those front clips in. They need to go in first before the rest of the body goes together. If you use gorilla strength on them, you could break them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom